Why are my music files being overwritten when trasnferring to my SD card?

A

AC Question

I've got the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with a 128gb SD card. I have a folder in the "Android" folder on my SD card called "music;" this is the only way to get any music files to show up in the music player. I transferred most of my music over to my phone, and then decided afterwards to transfer a couple more songs. However, I have found that for some reason the phone overwrote almost all 17 gigs of the music I'd put on it before those last couple of songs - when I try to play any of them the phone simply makes a bunch of weird glitchy/stuttery noises and some bits and pieces from the very last two songs I copied over will play randomly.

I have no idea how to fix this error as I'm literally just copying and pasting music onto the card. Should I be using software to transfer data to it? I don't understand, I had a Windows phone before this one and while it pales in comparison to this one I was at least able to drag and drop music onto it.

Thanks for any help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! SD cards can be glitchy, and it seems to be the case more often with Samsung devices. Are you transferring the files via USB connection while the card is still in the phone? If so, try instead to unmount the card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into the computer's SD reader. Now transfer the files directly to the card using Windows Explorer.

Transferring large chunks of files also seems to increase the chance of corruption, so copy files in smaller groups.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie