Why am i getting "message saying Unfortunately, DCMProvider has stopped?

A

AC Question

I am constanly getting the message Ünfortunately , DCMProvider has stopped. and my battery is running down very quickly. What do I do to fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Revisiting this question, because I think my previous answer was wrong, since I believe Direct Connect Manager was only for the old "push to talk" feature that some carriers (primarily Sprint) had.

It's hard to find anything about DCMProvider, but from what I can gather, it has to do with wi-fi. I found this little nugget in a firmware FAQ from Actiontec, which makes Screenbeam, a wireless display:

(Q) What is DCM?
(A) DCM stands for Different Channel Mode. DCM is a function of the wireless network adapter and its driver. It enables the system's wireless adapter to simultaneously operate multiple connections on different wireless channels, and supports applications such as Wi-Fi infrastructure and Wi-Fi Direct.

However, this doesn't mean that I know for sure why DCM Provider is stopping. I'd suggest a cache partition wipe to start with, which won't erase any personal data:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie