Why do my home pages disappear after I download an app?

A

AC Question

I have a Galaxy S3,and everytime I download a new app from the play store my pre-existing homepages seem to disappear on their own. When my homepage disappears, a brand new page appears with the app I just downloaded on the new page. This happens regardless of how much free space I have on my other homepages or how many empty pages I put before I download an app.
Is there any way to fix this or lock my homepages so they cannot be deleted?
Thank you.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
This is an odd issue. I don't have an answer for the disappearing pages, but we'll get to that in a bit. In the meantime if you go into your PS app and navigate to settings you should have a choice to add icons of recently installed app icons to your homepage. Try disabling this feature and see if it doesn't stop the disappearances.

As for looking at the disappearances. Are you running all homepages possible? For instance you can have 5 panels are you running 5 panels? Is it the same panel disappearing each time or are they random or is it the one you left to go to the PS? What happens if you run all available panels? Does your device have other Scenes? In versions past you could set up a scene for work, changes wallpaper, app icons, and number of panels. A home scene might put all of your games out on the homescreen and take 2 of them away. This would be under personalize, if it's possible for your device.

AngeliqueL1995

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
In response to VidJunky, yes disabling the feature does stop the problem of the pages disappearing. I usually only run 3 pages (my third page only has the PS and one other app on it). When I only have 3 pages and I download an app, the first panel disappears and sometimes the second one does as well. When I run all 5 panels my pages do not disappear unless I have my headphones in and the earphones page is present. When it is, my first page will delete and the app will install on the earphones panel. As for scenes, I'm not sure what that is. So I think it's safe to say that I don't have that.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah probably no scenes I think that was two or three OS updates ago. Basically you'd set up your panels and apps for let's say what yoy wanted it to look like when you were home, then you would setup a set for when you were in the car, and maybe one for work. Then you could change them at any point without seeing up everything all over again.

Meanwhile back at the problem. The headphone thing has me scratching my head cause that should have no effect on anything with installing apps or changing the homescreen, well not that I can think of... If headphones affect it maybe it's an you app related issue. Maybe something like the app AirPush could help point you towards something.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy