why google did not make upgrade for kitkat 4.4.2 to solve problem of external sd write able

A

AC Question

I bought archos 80b xenon and kingston micro sd 32gb
but after installing the sd I find that I can not copy or paste files or folders from internal memory to sd
when I searching internet I know that kitkat do not support write able at sd
my question: why google did not make upgrade for kitkat to solve this stupid problem . why ?!!!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I bought archos 80b xenon and kingston micro sd 32gb
but after installing the sd I find that I can not copy or paste files or folders from internal memory to sd
when I searching internet I know that kitkat do not support write able at sd
my question: why google did not make upgrade for kitkat to solve this stupid problem . why ?!!!
If you have root, you can try this app.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix&token=gkzy_qf9

Sent from my splendid Note 4.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It is writeable, it's just not writeable by any app anywhere. If you were familiar with Linux (which is the operating system in Android phones), you'd be familiar with the concept that an app can only write where it has Linux permissions to write.

Up to 4.3, the SD card was treated as not really part of the file system, so anything could write anywhere (leading to data files for an app scattered all over the card). Since 4.4, the card is part of the file system, and is treated the same as all other storage.

Use the app wizzrah linked to and you'll get back your "anything can write anywhere" card.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I think that my tablet with no root
so how I can solve this problem with no rooting
You can load the files you want to move to your SD card to a computer, and then move those files from that computer to the SD Card (assuming you have the SD Card adapter), or you can upload your files to a cloud storage service like Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, or Copy.com instead of the SD Card. What were you using to move the files to the SD Card? A file manager?

Sent from my splendid Note 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007