I just bought a Blu Studio 5.0 c HD so I could play around with android and be able to use some apps (Mainly a Windows Phone guy) but it seems to be having some problems with my school's wifi. It'll stay connected for a short amount of time but then drop while still saying its connected. There shouldn't be a problem with the wifi itself seeing as there are several thousand people who can use it no problem including myself on my laptop and my roommate with his android (HTC One). Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    01-28-2015 05:17 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Might be a firmware issue. Blu probably isn't the most reliable manufacturer out there. See if anything here helps: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html
    01-28-2015 07:36 PM
    Im also having the same issue, Have you found a way to fix this? One day I disabled all the options under WiFi > Advanced (while connected to an Access Point) and I was able to browse the web at work continuously for about 15 to 20 min. After that I went home thinking I fixed the issue but when I got home and even the next day at work I noticed I still had the same problem.

Prior to this I installed, What the phone had labeled as a Wireless Update but after It finished I noticed it was more like a ROM upgrade, it even changed way the screen looked when the phone boots up. Anyways, the problem wasn't as bad till I did the "Wireless Update".
    03-05-2015 12:42 PM
    I think I actually found a way around this problem, the WiFi is still kind of buggy but at least its not dropping every 2 - 5 min anymore. Anyway, what I did was mess with channels on the Wireless Access Point. I think most AP's are set to Auto, I changed the AP at work to channel 5 and it worked okay. After I noticed the WiFi was working better I changed it to 8 but it actually got worse, right now I'm on channel 3 and haven't had a problem so far. I forgot what channel I changed to at home but its also seems to be working fine. I'll be testing to see if this fixes the problem completely but it seems to me that its either a driver issue or a hardware issue causing problems with TX/RX.
    03-06-2015 05:47 PM
    hi. I have the same problem, how can I change the AP..!!
    07-10-2015 10:17 AM
    I have the mini. So far my solution for all day wifi has been to open a terminal window and do a ping every 5 seconds. This perpetually keeps the wifi open and running. Looking for a more permanent solution.
    08-13-2015 05:44 PM
    My blu 5.0c HD is dropping WiFi when it says its connected and I try to connect and it drops and says the WiFi is saved but won't connect anymore at home and school ' while everyone else uses it no problem and I'm starting to get very frustrated with it,even on my tablet I can connect but not on my blu phone so if anyone can help me I will gladly appreciate it.
    11-15-2015 06:23 PM
    Hello,
    I literally had the same issue. I just purchased my BLU 5.0 HD and I could not access the wifi in certain areas. I just happen to put the Airplane mode on(as I remembered reading that on someone else's statement) and it is finally working perfectly. Hope this is a help.

~R.S.
    12-15-2015 03:10 PM
    I have a Blu 5.0 and Wi-Fi working well in airplane mode. Tried it based on a response I read.

KS
    12-21-2015 12:23 PM
    Hello,
    I literally had the same issue. I just purchased my BLU 5.0 HD and I could not access the wifi in certain areas. I just happen to put the Airplane mode on(as I remembered reading that on someone else's statement) and it is finally working perfectly. Hope this is a help.

~R.S.
    Wow it actually worked thanks
    07-14-2016 05:11 PM
    I had this problem at home with the Blu R1 HD.
    I solved it by updating the firmware on my wifi router. It's a D-link that was running 2009 firmware.
    09-05-2016 08:57 AM
    i am sunil, Hear also the same issue i am facing. even i tried for the airplane mode also but it is not working.please suggest me what i have to do.
    10-31-2016 05:05 PM
    I ran into the same issue on my R1 HD after the last OTA update.

If I manually disabled WiFi, I was not able to turn it back on (it would turn on long enough to scan for access points, about a second, then turn itself off again). The airplane mode hack works. Thanks for that.

The behaviour does not appear to be related to specific access points (although the original motivation for disabling WiFi was to prevent the R1 from attempting to join Xfinity open access points while using it for navigation).
    12-02-2016 08:15 AM
    Hello,

~R.S.
    Thank you! The wifi on my BLR HD R1 just stopped working after my phone updated. I tried the airplane mode trick and it works! My wifi is working just great in airplane mode now. I only wish that the wifi would work out of airplane mode too. Hopefully someone will find a fix for this.

Note: when you activate airplane mode the wifi turns off, so you have to turn on the wifi again while still in airplane mode.
    11-25-2017 07:43 PM