How do I stop my voice text from repeating everything twice?

A

AC Question

Every time I voice text, my phone repeats the sentence or paragraph twice. Anyway to avoid this annoyance?

giannip58

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
Re: How can I fix the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error?

Hi, we have 3 S3s and all started to have the same problem in the same days.
Removing the updates to Google Appli fixed the issue, but then google automatically updates the application.
We have disabled automatic update from play store, but that disable automatic update to ALL applications.
Is there a way to stop automatic updates only on this application ? thanks

Mark Rafn

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site

Yup! That's it... Google pushed a bad update. Uninstall the update and its fixed. Hopefully they get the message and fix the problem.

I found out what caused it. Earlier today google pushed an update for their google quick search app ( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e.android.googlequicksearchbox&token=N4NeLZJv ), this update broke my home button.

So uninstall the app and you should be fine for now.

DawnEC1

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site

Thank you so much for this information. I had rebooted my whole tablet to factory settings and it was working again earlier this morning, but then I started getting the UI error message again tonight after my tablet ran through all of it's updates. Now that I uninstalled the Quick Search, it is working. :D

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

but from now on wards no update can be done means? or should i check again for updates? are update necessary?

Welcome to Android Central! I suggest looking at the current app page for the Google app in the Play Store and seeing what the current release date is. Then keep checking every few days to see if the release date has become more recent, indicating that a newer update is available. Update the Google app, and see if the problem comes back.

Droid12142013

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site

kris0p

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site

Thank you! I had this problem on my phone and tablet. I uninstalled the app on my tablet and I got the clear apps page back. How can I just uninstall the update and leave the app installed? I find it useful on my phone. However, I recently installed it. Maybe after the update. I don't know. It is easier than using S Voice to look things up verbally.

mytreat

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site

Hey I found this post through a google search and just signed up for an account to thank OP, or whoever first suggested uninstalling the Google App. My phone's home button works fine now, and I can use taskview again. I uninstalled the app today, so I guess an update still hasn't been issued for the Google App as of this date.

Thanks again.

DrSysop

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site

Still no fix yet? been over a week, I can see law suits now coming if Google doesn't fix this ASAP! Last update was 1/20 It works reverting back to factory installed but prompting me to update.

peter2305

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site

I just want to add my own thanks to the user who discovered this fix. It's been driving me mad all week until I searched the problem and found this thread. Google should fix this bug NOW

Jose Lando

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site

I just wanted to thank you for helping me find a solution to this pesky problem! My phone is back to being it's old self, thanks again!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Still no fix yet? been over a week, I can see law suits now coming if Google doesn't fix this ASAP! Last update was 1/20 It works reverting back to factory installed but prompting me to update.

I would guess that the more feedback they get about this, the sooner they'll patch it. So keep sending them feedback through the Google app's Feedback option (in its menu).