How do I stop my voice text from repeating everything twice?

A

AC Question

Every time I voice text, my phone repeats the sentence or paragraph twice. Anyway to avoid this annoyance?

Gonorrhea

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Re: How can I fix the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error?

I contacted Samsung and they are not even aware of any issues. I actually sent them this page link with everyone's issues posted here.

I'm wondering if it's not more a Google App problem than a Samsung Galaxy problem, as our phones worked fine prior to this particular app's update, right?

Has anyone contacted Google or their department that handles Apps? If it's causing errors with a system UI I'd say they that's something they should be looking into sooner than later.

matt000

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site

Thanks,everybody for the useful information. I spent a lot of time on this issue over the weekend going to t-mobile store, and 2 best buys looking for samsung support for my note 2. I've turned off auto updates, and uninstalled the last update from Friday.

I will check this forum first for any future issues before wasting time making calls.

RobBriley

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site

I'm wondering if it's not more a Google App problem than a Samsung Galaxy problem, as our phones worked fine prior to this particular app's update, right?

Has anyone contacted Google or their department that handles Apps? If it's causing errors with a system UI I'd say they that's something they should be looking into sooner than later.

Back on page 4 someone posted this;

I talked to Google support about this issue of error message with home key use after Google app update. I told them all the posts about this issue appeared to be from owners of Samsung devices (of those who identified the problem device). Google refered me to Samsung support because Samsung has their own version of Andriod. I have not yet contacted Samsung. If people are experencing this problem on non Samsung devices please post about your device.

Marlene S

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site

How do you stop Google Apps from re-updating once you've removed the updates? My Galaxy S4 required me to return the Google Apps app to factory setting, then just re-updated, causing the same error message.

RobBriley

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site

How do you stop Google Apps from re-updating once you've removed the updates? My Galaxy S4 required me to return the Google Apps app to factory setting, then just re-updated, causing the same error message.

Go to the play store on your device - open menu ( 3 horizontal top left ) - scroll down to settings - click on Auto-updates apps - select Do not auto-update apps . This will stop auto updates of all your apps, however when you are notified that updates are availble, you can select an update apps indivuidally and just avoid updating the google app until a fix is issued.

1338gonglouie

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site

Download cm security from Google play and solved the problem.
My girlfriend and I both have Galaxy S4. She started having this issue as well with home button giving that error and sending her to lock screen. She did everything websites suggested from factory resets (3 times), clearing cache, etc. and still has problem. I was having issue with my phone too specifically with the Gallery and Camera not working properly. My fix to that was reformatting my sd card. So now my Gallery and Camera work fine but damn it now all of a sudden I have this same issue too with this com.android.systemui pop up, exact same issue as my girlfriend. So of course now I have to figure this out because it's now my problem too. This just started happening today to both of us. Has anyone gotten to the bottom of this yet? I would hate to do what she did only to still have the issue.

The Finn

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site

I found out what caused it. Earlier today google pushed an update for their google quick search app ( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e.android.googlequicksearchbox&token=gB3vwwMe ), this update broke my home button.

So uninstall the app and you should be fine for now.

YES!PLEASE NOTICE, this is the ONLY way to get a solution to the several years old problem, at least with Galaxy S3.No help from reebooting , taking off the battery or several others suggestions online. Thanks for your great help!

ptb1111

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site

Gamekingx
Thank you so much for your advice. I did 2 factory resets on my device prior to reading this forum and your simple fix was the solution to the issue!!

If you are ever in the Downers Grove, Illinois area contact me and I will buy you a coffee!!
Thanks
Paul

Last edited:

Mike Spitz

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site

I tried this fix just a few hours ago on my trusty old Galaxy S3 and so far, so good. I've lost the functionality of the handy little Google Search box on my home screen, tho'. I guess that that's what I uninstalled. Does anybody know of any useful workarounds for that? (I haven't been in the habit of "talking" to my phone despite its capability to handle that. Perhaps I'll just get used to that approach.)

sformoso

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site

I called Samsung directly and they advised the following:

Go to Applications Manager
Go to Google Apps and click
Click on Uninstall updates
And that should do the trick

T TAWE

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site

I DID EXACTLY THIS:
Go to the play store on your device - open menu ( 3 horizontal top left ) - scroll down to settings - click on Auto-updates apps - select Do not auto-update apps . This will stop auto updates of all your apps, however when you are notified that updates are availble, you can select an update apps indivuidally and just avoid updating the google app until a fix is issued.

STILL NOT HELPING!!! SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I'M NOT DOING OR DOING WRONG :(!!!

Last edited:

Klward96

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site

My wife's S3 started having the exact same problem recently. I'm really interested to see if anyone else is having this issue..

Yes!! My husband and I both have this same phone and we are also getting this message for the past week. Samsung needs to issue a fix, or tell us how to correct it. If they can't provide a solution to their customers, I don't need their products.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I DID EXACTLY THIS:

STILL NOT HELPING!!! SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I'M NOT DOING OR DOING WRONG :(!!!

Welcome to Android Central! I assume you're having the same SystemUI issue that everyone else in this thread is talking about. The temporary solution is to uninstall updates for the Google app -- have you done that already? The steps that you're quoting are to prevent your apps from auto-updating afterwards. Are you saying that even though you turned Auto-Update off, the apps are still auto-updating?

amelia38372

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site

Let me save you all some time. Just go uninstall google app! Been trying all day differant things from this website and none helped. But I thought of deleting the actual Google app and no restart or nothing and it instantly helped. Phones bk normal

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon