How do I stop my voice text from repeating everything twice?

A

AC Question

Every time I voice text, my phone repeats the sentence or paragraph twice. Anyway to avoid this annoyance?

BHappy

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I now I'm having the same exact issue that I now I'm having the same exact issue that I now I'm having the same exact issues it I now I'm having the same exact tissue that I now I'm having the same exact issues it..... well this is a perfect example of what it's doing. It must have something to do with recent Android update set that's on different types of devices recent Android update said that's on different types of devices recent Android update that that's on different types of devices recent Android update so that's on different types of devices recent Android update says it's on different types of devices

Beckett727

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I have a Moto G 2nd Generation and I had this problem a week ago, starting on Tuesday afternoon; now it began again starting on Tuesday night. At that time, I was registered on this forum and was advised to uninstall the latest Google update. That worked; however, when I tried it again last night, it did NOT work this time. (By the way, I registered on this forum on my phone last week; today, on my PC, my registration was not recognized and I had to re-register.) Here is everything I tried that has NOT worked: I cleared the cache on all apps. I uninstalled the latest updates of ALL apps. I removed unused apps. I did a reboot of my phone. I made certain that English (US) was set as my language. I ran a check of my microphone hardware. I turned off Google Now. Nothing has worked. Every sentence I speak into the phone repeats multiple times. Since I have a limited texting plan, THIS IS COSTING ME MONEY if I go over my texts due to the bug. Since I'm now sure this is not a problem with my phone, due to all the above posts, I think I have one simple solution: I'm going to ditch Android, since they can't seem to get their collective $#%* together, and get an iPhone. YES, I AM FURIOUS.

Kbissetta

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Please help! I went to the Google link that was on this forum and uninstalled it, but then it took away my entire Google Voice Widget bar and the ability to talk into my phone. I only talk to my phone, I never hand text and really need this feature. What do I need to do? Everything is speaking in triplicate and making me crazy and I can't get my work done! Please tell me what I'm doing wrong thank you! I have a note 4

I did that and now I donot have Anygoogle voice. I Reallyneed google voice...cant tyoe...pls help

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard Ramirez2

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
My mother has also been experiencing this issue. She has a Droid Turbo and I have followed the steps previously mentioned and found that by uninstalling the Google Ap that it also disabled the Voice option for her which she needs as it's difficult to type. How can I fix this issue for? This is also happening on her T-Mobile Tablet. Thanks

anon(9383962)

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Not seeing an answer to the posters original question not seen an answer to the posters original question not seeing an answer to The Coasters original question not seeing any answer to the posters original question not seen in answer to the posters original question

The above is what happens on my s7 edge when i try voice to text in any field in any form, text, message, Web browser search, etc.

PLEASE let us know how to stop all these duplicates!!

I have no talkback installed, no Google now, etc. I'm using samsung keyboard, but installing swiftkey and using that voice transcription had the same exact issue.

This issue seems to come and go frequently lately on my device and it's infuriating!

Kbissetta

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Re: How can I fix the "com.android.systemui has stopped" error?

Your solution is seem to help many people but I'm seeming to still struggle. When I go to that site that you listed and uninstall it completely takes off Google Voice on my widgets as well as my messaging. I really need that Google Voice in my messaging is I do not text but need to voice message. Do you have any suggestions? Your solution is seem to help many people but I'm seeming to still struggle. When I go to that site that you listed and uninstall a completely takes off Google Voice on my widgets as well as my messaging. I really need that Google Voice in my messaging is I do not text but need to voice message. Do you have any suggestions? Your solution is seem to help many people but I'm seeming to still struggle. When I go to that site that you listed and uninstall it completely takes off Google Voice on my widgets as well as my messaging. I really need that Google Voice in my messaging if I do not text but need to voice message. Do you have any suggestions? Your solution is seem to help many people but I'm seeming to still struggle. When I go to that site that you listed and uninstall a completely takes off Google Voice on my widgets as well as my messaging. I really need that Google Voice in my messaging if I do not text but need to voice message. Do you have any suggestions? Your solution is seem to help many people but I'm seeming to still struggle. When I go to that site that you listed and uninstall it completely takes off Google Voice on my widgets as well as my messaging. I really need that Google Voice in my messaging as I do not text but need to voice message. Do you have any suggestions?

zairkak1

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
This is all great for the home button issue but it doesn't help me as I still need help with the original topic of this thread. My text to speech is duplicating everything multiple times. None of the uninstalling or reinstalling have fixed it and I updated the text to speech app and it did nothing. Changing from Samsung to Google did nothing either. Still the same duplication problem. I have the GS 7 and it's happening to friends as well. Any solutions for this?

bluesuga

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
uninstalling, reinstalling, updating the Google app does not work for me. Disabling the Google app takes away voice input, this is not a solution.

Is there a keyboard that has voice input that does not use Google voice input??

MetroDiningMan

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I think many people are confused.
When you select "Uninstall" for Google it is not removing Google from your phone all it is doing is removing all the updates. (Since Google is Android it's impossible to remove. ;)
But once you remove all the updates you will have to go back into Google settings and reset your voice options as the settings will be deleted along with the updates.
Your voice dictation will return.
This fix works!
Thank you!

Ray Jay4

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I think many people are confused.
When you select "Uninstall" for Google it is not removing Google from your phone all it is doing is removing all the updates. (Since Google is Android it's impossible to remove. ;)
But once you remove all the updates you will have to go back into Google settings and reset your voice options as the settings will be deleted along with the updates.
Your voice dictation will return.
This fix works!
Thank you!
It sure as heck hasn't fixed my Droid Turbo!
Noone of the "fixes" have worked...................for more than a few seconds.
This only occurs in texting and PlayStation app. Doesn't occur voice searching in browser.

Kevin Potts

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
It is a glitch if you want to fix it turn off your Wi-Fi it will not happen when you are not connected with Wi-Fi this works on all droids it is due to the current update

When you are out and about it will not happen it only occurs when Wi-Fi is enabled

bluesuga

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
It is a glitch if you want to fix it turn off your Wi-Fi it will not happen when you are not connected with Wi-Fi this works on all droids it is due to the current update

maybe turning off Wi-Fi works for you, but I tried this many times last night and today and it still repeats

still does it 17 miles away from the wifi at my house

Gary Pasler

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Nexus 6P stock 7.1.1 this repeating just started yesterday late evening. I can't find an a obvious update that caused this..

I don't think it has to do with the wi-fi at all I don't think it has to do with the Wi-Fi it all it's off right now it's all right now its off right now

Kevin Potts

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Turn off your Wi-Fi it will solve the problem until New update it started when u loaded latest update when u are out and about and not connected to wifi it will not happen

Make sure u are not coñnected I has worked on 25 phones I've fixed

It is a issue with the auto correct algorithm I've talked to the Android programers

Deleting the app and reloadiNG will not work so save your time it's not the messaging app the tts or stt engine or the Google app

Every droid I've done this to it has fixed the problem

Stop all message apps if you have more than one

Disable hangout if on ur phone

I hope that this will work for you let me know if it still doesn't work

Metallurgy

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
My samsung galaxy 7 started doing this today. Turning off Wifi DOES NOT HELP AT ALL. Everything still repeats, up to 5 times, whether on 3G, 4G, or wifi.

Uninstalling latest Google updates, unchecking auto-update for Google, and every other thing on this thread has been tried, restarting the phone in between, and NOTHING WORKS.

Waiting for a fix!

Kevin Potts

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Make sure you have disabled the wifi disable all but one message app and hangout if on your phone it has fixed every phone I have done this to 21 and counting it is a problem with the attached algorithm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs