How do I change wallpaper settings from blurry to clear image?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

My phone changed the wallpaper from a clear image to a blurred one when the screen wasn't locked. How do I change it back to a clear image?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using a static wallpaper, or a live wallpaper like Muzei, which displays a selection of static wallpapers that blur automatically until you doubletap the homescreen again?

Jimmy Clay

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I did not ask the original question, but I'm having this same problem. I have a Blue Life Pure with Android 4.2.1. About a week or so ago my wallpaper went from being a clear image to being a blurry image. I don't really know why but it seems like it happened after my Go Launcher updated. I've tried several other launchers since then with no results' the wallpapers stays blurry.

I'm not sure why anyone would want blurry wallpaper. Seems like that defeats the purpose of having wallpaper. But regardless, I guess some people do like it, but I am not one of them. I would love to get my clear wallpaper back.

The wallpaper I use is the static type. It does not change or move. I change my wallpaper fairly often and I've usually used Kitty Play for my wallpaper. I've tried using Bing wallpaper hoping that would make a difference, but it has not. The wallpaper is very high quality. Also on the lock screen the wallpaper does show up clearly without the blur effect. It's only when I go to the home screen that it switches to being blurry.

Is there a setting to change this behavior? If not a setting, maybe an explanation as to why Android is forcing my wallpaper to be blurry.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Jimmy Clay

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
When I wrote the above post I was assuming Android was to blame for the blurry wallpaper. But maybe it is my phone itself. Does everyone with Android have blurry wallpaper? I know my friend does not seem to have this problem.

Anyway, I just installed Muzei and that seems to have solved my problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:

Surbhi Jain

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi ! I have the same problem.. Home screen wallpaper is blurred ..but the lock screen wallpaper is clear.
The only solution i have for this problem is to switch off your phone ..and switch it on again. After switching it on , do not use it for 20 seconds and the phone will have a clear wallpaper again.
Avoid double tapping the home button on your phone..otherwise it will again get blurred.

halinabrame29

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
go to your home screen and take your finger and swipe your screen starting at the bottom and swipe towards the top then at the bottom of your screen 3 options will pop up the top one will be a blurriness meter turn it all the way down in your home screen wallpaper will be clear again I had this exact problem and it took me forever to figure out. But that's exactly how to do it and it will work I promise

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.