How to get my Galaxy S5 contacts to sync with Gmail?

A

AC Question

How to get my Galaxy s5 contacts to sync with Gmail

I have had a Samsung Galaxy S5 for several months now, and until now I thought my contacts were syncing properly with my gmail account. But I entered a new contact into my phone the other day (email, no phone) and I can't get it to sync with my gmail for love nor money. I have told gmail to manually sync with my phone. I have tried settings in gmail, in my contacts thing, nothing. I have tried looking through the default programs. Nothing. Help!

Also, I had thought that my phone was default using gmail to store contacts in rather than the phone's contacts. Why is it not doing this, and why can't I find any way to set that as the default? Also, I can't open the contact for editing on my phone and tell it to save it to my gmail contacts instead of on the phone. Why is this not an option?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to get my Galaxy s5 contacts to sync with Gmail

Welcome to Android Central! It's always important when entering a contact to check which account it's going to. Phone Account contacts won't sync with Google--you'd have to use some kind of 3rd party software to back them up or sync them, and in that situation, it still wouldn't sync with Google. Some devices will remember your account preference, but I think most will annoyingly default to the Phone Account (if present). Unfortunately, you usually can't simply change the account by editing the contact--you have to reenter the contact, and make sure it's associated with your Google account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair