How do I get my flashlight app light to turn off (S5)?

A

AC Question

S5 light stuck on

I charged my phone over night and when I retrieved it, the white light on back cover is stuck on. Tried turning it off through flashlight app but that only seemed to vary the brightness. Perhaps it's the camera flash? Took out battery but light came on again as soon as battery went back in. Shutdown and restart does nothing.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dje23

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Flashlight on new S7 switches itself off when I try to look up.

New S7. Seems to be a bug as I cannot find any torch settings. When you attempt to look up, (lift the phone up) it switches off. Everything updated. Almost out of the box. Not a good start. Any ideas guys? Thanks
Dan

Last edited:

Tom sherriff

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys i had the same problem with the s5mini, it took literally under a min to fix my problem, all i did was go into my camera turn flash on and take a pic, torch went off right after it took the pic.
Hope this can help.

Dano117

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Quite an old thread now I know but does anyone know if this problem got sorted. I have the same problem with my flash staying on and gets brighter when charging. I've tried all the above and still no luck. Any help greatly appreciated

sugerplumbear

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: S5 light stuck on

I charged my phone over night and when I retrieved it, the white light on back cover is stuck on. Tried turning it off through flashlight app but that only seemed to vary the brightness. Perhaps it's the camera flash? Took out battery but light came on again as soon as battery went back in. Shutdown and restart does nothing.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I just shut my phone off. Turned it back on & that was it. Easy peezy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12