I have problems with the modes of the rear camera. In the manual it says that there are many options (auto, beauty face, panorama, rear-cam selfie, continuous shot, HDR, night, animated GIF, sound & shot and sports). However, I only see three options when I click on mode, namely, auto, beauty face and panorama. I reset the settings of the camera and checked if the latest firm wear is installed - nothing worked!

Weird thing is that for the front camera I do see all the options (5 in this case). What can I do to fix it?
    01-30-2015 02:57 AM
    Did you figure this out by any chance? The same thing just happened to me. I got the phone just yesterday, and at the beginning all the modes were there, when the phone was straight out of the shop. Today - only beauty face, panorama and auto.

EDIT: Actually, I found a way to fix it. In Settings -> Application Manager -> All find the Camera, clear all data, force stop it. Worked for me. Annoying though.

EDIT 2: And here's what seems to be causing the error - running the camera from the lock screen. You can't switch modes there, but if you then stop, unlock the phone and run camera again, only the three options are available.
    02-25-2015 06:26 AM
    Thank you so much for your post. I was worried there was a problem with the camera on my new phone. The reset hadn't fixed it. Neither had the old switch off then switch on. But after reading your posts, I deleted the camera data and now the various camera modes are back. Must admit I was a bit worried about deleting the data incase it caused other problems. But all ok and now restored. Appreciate you sharing this tip. Thank you
    03-05-2015 07:54 AM
    Plz help as I'm still having that problem with the missing modes
    03-27-2015 01:40 PM
    EDIT: Actually, I found a way to fix it. In Settings -> Application Manager -> All find the Camera, clear all data, force stop it.
    Thank you a million times.

I also noticed that when you install an app that uses the camera, it removes the modes also. But they return once you do the trick. The guys at Samsung don't even know how to fix it and only suggest that I must do a master reset. (then you loose everything and need data to restore everything back to normal, F*** THEM!!!)
    05-25-2015 03:00 AM
    Plz help as I'm still having that problem with the missing modes
    Just do this, it works! In Settings -> Application Manager -> All find the Camera, clear all data, force stop it.
    05-25-2015 03:01 AM
    OMG I had the same problem
    Thank you so much
    05-30-2015 01:51 PM
    Really thanks , i got this problem after update Lollipop.
    07-28-2015 03:23 PM
    Thanks! I had the same problem and got it fixed with this thread.
    08-02-2015 03:39 AM
    Testé ce jour sur samsung a3 .. aller onglet application, mettre le doigt sur l icône appareil photo . Le faire glisser sur info.choisir vider le cache puis forcer arrêt. Tout les modes sont revenues .
    belodion likes this.
    08-03-2015 02:27 PM
    I tried the solution suggested and it didn't work. So I went to settings. Scroll down to easy mode. Select standard. Mine had changed when I'd updated my phone and unaware of previous settings Id selected easy mode. Standard mode is what you need to be on. Hope this helps.
    07-15-2017 04:46 PM