Mobile data not working since lollipop update for my moto g (first gen)

A

AC Question

So around yesterday or so i received the lollipop update and until then everything was fine. But after i updated it my calls and messages work fine but my mobile data does not work.. There is an exclamation mark on the top right hand corner of my screen next to the cellular range symbol.
These are the steps i have already taken
Restarted it.
Wiped my cache partition.
Performed a factory reset.
Contacted my Network provider for correct APN settings and entered the APN settings.

But all this hasn't seemed to help.

Denise Belcher

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have had the same problem. When you pull the screen curtain down there is a small box with 3 squares next to settings At thevtop right handside. Press that then switch off sync. My mobile data came on as soon as I switched it off. Sorry my terminology is not great but hope it works 😊

Last edited:

anasofab

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
So around yesterday or so i received the lollipop update and until then everything was fine. But after i updated it my calls and messages work fine but my mobile data does not work.. There is an exclamation mark on the top right hand corner of my screen next to the cellular range symbol.
These are the steps i have already taken
Restarted it.
Wiped my cache partition.
Performed a factory reset.
Contacted my Network provider for correct APN settings and entered the APN settings.

But all this hasn't seemed to help.

tkoeppen

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Found this in a Motorola forum.

Go to Settings...More...Cellular networks...Access Point Names.
(In my case I have T-Mobile your carrier may be different)
Make sure T-Mobile US 260 LTE. is selected
Tap the words T-Mobile US 260 LTE. this will allow you to edit the settings
Change the default APN Protocols to IPv6 /IPv4

Craig Lee2

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here with a Moto X first generation on T-Mobile.

No data connection. Been on tech support with both Motorola and T-Mobile. Cleared Cashes, Reset phone, set APNs manually, Tried all the available access points, they event took remote control of the phone and tried to fix it themselves. Both Motorola and T-Mobile have been very helpful but no fix yet.

I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST NOT UPDATING TO LOLLIPOP AT THIS TIME!

3 days with no data connection...

Craig Lee2

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Just an update, I got this working finally. My wife found a post with an answer somewhere online.

Settings > More > Cellular Networks > Access Point Names > T-Mobile US 260 LTE > APN protocol

Set APN Protocol to IPv4/IPv6

Data connection came on right away.

Glad it worked, Motorola wanted me to pay $100 for a replacement phone!

Rob Taylor3

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
This happened to me. Turned out it had defaulted to the wrong APN. Go to mobile data>access points and check the right one is selected. Still getting an explanation point tho, but data is working. May ask the network to resend the configuration.