Why is my Nexus 5 rebooting continuously?

A

AC Question

Nexus 5 rebooting continuously

For last few days i am seeing the issue that the device was getting hot.. very hot! The battery drained from 100% to 8% in about 4 hours of STANDBY time (this only happened once and the actual issue began since then).

Then suddenly a few days back it got powered off by itself (the battery was not less than 30%). When i happen to see this state of my mobile, i tried to power it on but only to discover that the device started rebooting continuously- For at least 3-4 times. I saw the text 'Google' (the one that comes at the startup) and then phone went off again.

Now, its usually off! And when i try to switch it on, it goes into a reboot cycle. I am not even getting a 2-3 mins window to perform any activity on the phone now.

I have already tried the below:
1) Just to strike-off any possibility of a 3rd party app causing this, i performed a factory reset on my phone last night. And it did not help at all.

I somehow now feel that it has a lot to do with the power button. All i cant understand is, HOW? when there was no physical shock/damage happened to the device.
It switches off the phone when i press the power button just once (as we need to do to lock/unlock the phone). Pressing the button once when the phone if off, starts the boot. Moreover, whenever i get the phone switched on for a few mins, i see that the Power Button becomes very sensitive, even a touch would bring the "power off" msg. Feels like something is pressing power button from inside of the phone.

Build number: LRX22C

I too this phone form Google Play in Jan 2014, hence the warranty period is also over.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It could be a faulty power button or associated circuitry, or a failing battery, or of course, something else. If you are able to boot into Recovery, try a Cache Partition wipe....although I think there's little chance that it would fix anything.

Posted via the Android Central App

Chief Lavket

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello Guys,

I had the same issue with my Nexus 5 today. I woke up in the morning, and while trying to put the phone on charge , i guess i pressed the power button. Screen went black and i thought my phone switched off.

I put my phone on charging and pressed the power button to restart it. Now the main issue

MAIN ISSUE :

My phone showed the Google logo and was getting restarted every 5 seconds. But when i removed it from charging, i was not able to start my phone. Only when i kept it on charge, it was rebooting continuously.

After searching on google, i found a video on youtube which solved my problem. Please find link below.

This is my first post so i cant post a link. Just search on youtube with below subject

"NEXUS 5 REPEATEDLY SHUTS ON AND OFF (FIXED)"

Link : Tried to make link as text
youtube.com/watch?v=8g4gXoSNh3Y

You just have to rapidly (very very fast, as fast as possible) press your power button. Like press press press press.

I did this for 30 secs and when i saw my phone it was switched off and i saw the charging icon. Then i switched on my phone and it worked. No restarts now. Don't immediately send it to LG gallery. Keep trying.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon