Why doesn't my phone show names when someone is sending me a message?

A

AC Question

why my phone doesnt show names when someone is sending me a messiage?

My phone doesnt show a name of a person who is sending me a message even if i have it saved on sim, phone and google accaunt? Its is ok if I send, but when someone replys it opens a whole new chat window with ''unknown'' number??

thank you! :)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: why my phone doesnt show names when someone is sending me a messiage?

Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

Do you send a message by entering the full number of the recipient, let the name prompt take over as you enter, or go to the name in Contacts and select the message icon.

I would try sending via Contacts to a Google saved name, and see if a reply works.

Also it may have to do with local area codes and how you enter the number.
Have you tried both ways?

I am not really sure, from the UK, but getting your thread started .

petrapetra232

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: why my phone doesnt show names when someone is sending me a messiage?

I enter number like its on sim, for exepmple: 041 299 434 and when the person sends it back it open a new chat window (like its not the same number) like that:+381 41 299 424 - local area code. Than I did send the names from sim to google...but still... it is really annoying... and than i changed all the numbers to +381 so I could see who texts me but the problem is that now when they call me, the local area code isnt written, so when they call me its again (like before in messages) a ''strange'' new number... I really dont know what to do... I think this is so annoying and a really big mistake for either the phone company (in that case:htc) or operating sistem. I shouldn't have had problems with such basic stuff, like seeing who's calling...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781