Why does my phone keep rebooting every few minutes?

A

AC Question

I have a Pantech Flex and it has been rebooting every few minutes. How do I get it to stop rebooting several times throughout the day?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends on what's causing the rebooting.

Start it in Safe Mode (from a powered off condition, while pressing down the menu key, press and hold the Power key. Release Power key and menu button when you see the Home screen with "safe mode" in the lower-left corner). If that fixes it, one of the apps you installed is causing the problem. Run them, one at a time, until it starts rebooting, then uninstall that app. (This is more likely if you install apps from places other than the Play Store or App Store.)

Check the battery. If it's not holding a charge very long, it's probably nearing end of life and needs to be replaced. Look at Settings/General/Battery. Press the graph to get a second one. If there's a drop off the cliff (a drop to zero in just about zero time - a vertical line) the battery has to be replaced. (It's developed a temporary internal short - it lasts long enough to cause the phone to reboot.)

Other posters may have some other things you can check.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad