Can I get some help with a few of my Samsung Xcover 2 problems?

A

AC Question

Samsung Xcover 2 problems

Hello

I currently own a samsung Xcover 2 and it is running Android V 4.1.2

I was expecting low storage space when i bought the model but after inserting a SD card and realising the phone does not want to sync up to it i feel a bit ripped off.

After browsing around the internet this seems to be a recurring problem with this model.
After trying out several different apps that were aimed at linking up to the SD card (all of them failing) i now turn to this site.

The main problem is the low storage space and the fact i cannot take any photos on the phone due to it.

However i am happy with the way my phone is running seeing as it fills up most of my needs from it but somehow it feels like it is not performing up to its full potential.

Should i try to root the phone and/or re-install the operating system as android open?

Could anybody please make a better suggestion for me seeing as i am reluctant to try a procedure that might brick my phone?

Locathan

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Xcover 2 problems

It did and i selected yes.
But it seems like it did not work. I cannot see any photos on the SD card and it seems like the phone is unwilling to read it. Wich is strange because i have all my music on it and that plays just fine.
Thanks for that guide :D

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Does the phone divide its Internal Storage into an really small "App Storage" partition and a somewhat larger "Internal SD"? If so, the SD you're choosing might be the Internal SD, and you may not be able to choose the external SD.

Also, are you sure the phone is recognizing the external SD card? Does it work if you insert it into your computer's SD reader?

Locathan

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site

The phone divides the storage into two sections yes.
Device memory
and
SD card

When i popped the SD card in this section appeared in the storage and the camera gave me the option to save photos onto it. I pressed yes and since that moment the camera has ignored the existance of the SD card.
And seeing as i am able to play about 3 gigs of music from the SD card i am guessing it is working.

Also if i go to the camera and select the storage option it gives me the option of "Phone" and "Memory Card"

Memory card is selected but i still get these annoying messages that the phone is running low on storage space. I then proceed to uninstal the bloatware updates, snap a picture of two and the grind my teeth in frustration at the phone.
Suggestions please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

So when the camera saves a photo to the "Memory Card," does it show up in the /DCIM/Camera/ directory of the external microSD card, or on the "Internal SD" partition's /DCIM/Camera/ directory?

Jason mkhc

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Having the aame problem. Anyone know a good customRom or other way to make the internal storage to just one bigger partition and not one small one for system ans apps and one bigger for pics. Im desperate..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38