Hey everyone,
    This problem only started for me on Saturday. I have had my One M8 since November and I have had no problems connecting to my home Wi-Fi. But when I came home on Saturday and attempted to join my network, it connected for a few seconds but then disconnected. Cue hours of trying to fix the problem to no avail, including fiddling with my modem settings, factory resetting my modem and so on. The funny thing is every single other device in my home works perfectly, plus my HTC connects perfectly to other Wi-Fi networks. I am in Ireland and have an Eircom Zyexel D1000 modem but I'm not sure if the modem is the problem. I have contacted HTC and am awaiting a response but fear that their solution will be for me to factory reset my phone. I really don't want to have to factory reset my phone for a niggly problem such as this, so I would appreciate all the help I can get!
    02-01-2015 06:42 PM
    I've finally solved it!

Turns out after speaking to HTC and booting up the phone in safe mode, the Wi-Fi connected perfectly, which meant that a third party app was preventing me from staying connected.

I've deleted a few of my apps in safe mode, including McAfee Antivirus which HTC suggested, and it no stays connected in normal mode. Bit strange that an app such as McAfee would cause these kinds of interference, but I'm just glad to have the problem sorted.

Thanks for your kind suggestions, B. Diddy!
    Welcome to Android Central! Did the phone recently get any updates, like the Lollipop system update?

I know you've already tried a bunch of things, but review this guide to see if there's anything you may have left out: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html

It may be worth doing a cache partition wipe as well: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...tc-one-m8.html
    02-01-2015 07:56 PM
    I appreciate the reply, thanks for your help!

I hadn't updated my phone when the problem began and when I asked this question, but today at uni (where the Wi-Fi connects perfectly) I checked for software updates and realised that the Lollipop update was available. So I downloaded it at uni, and I felt relieved as I thought that the problem was solved with this system update. Even the Wi-Fi on the bus home was working but, unfortunately, the same problems persist here at home. I seem to be able to connect to any Wi-Fi network except my own at home.

One thing I noticed today, however, is that when I attempt to connect to my Wi-Fi and enter my (100% correct) password, "Failed to connect to network" appears, rather than what was happening before the update (connecting for a few seconds before disconnecting).

I tried everything in your troubleshooting guide to no avail, but I haven't yet tried the cache partition wipe, which I will attempt soon.

Really weird how every other device in my home works perfectly: my PC, PS4, and all my family's other gadgets and phones, both Android and Apple.

Update: Wiped the cache partition, still unable to connect to my home network.
    02-02-2015 01:00 PM
    Ok, and you've also tried a soft reboot of the home router? The next step might be a full factory reset of the router, then set it up again. A full reset is usually achieved by the 10-10-10 method--press and hold the router's reset button for 10 seconds, then while still holding the button, unplug the router for 10 seconds. The, while still holding the power button, plug it back in, and wait another 10 seconds. Now set the router up again, and see if that helps.

You've also checked for any firmware updates for the router, right? I couldn't find anything on the web for the Eircom D1000, but I'm not sure if the router has an option to check the web for an update on its own.

If you've recently updated the firwmare, then it could also be that the updated firmware messed things up. I had a Asus router that started malfunctioning after flashing the official firmware update--had to downgrade it back to a previous version.
    02-02-2015 06:43 PM
    I've finally solved it!

Turns out after speaking to HTC and booting up the phone in safe mode, the Wi-Fi connected perfectly, which meant that a third party app was preventing me from staying connected.

I've deleted a few of my apps in safe mode, including McAfee Antivirus which HTC suggested, and it no stays connected in normal mode. Bit strange that an app such as McAfee would cause these kinds of interference, but I'm just glad to have the problem sorted.

Thanks for your kind suggestions, B. Diddy!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-03-2015 10:54 AM