Why can't i send picture messages?

A

AC Question

I am unable to send any picture files and I am assuming it's because they are too large.

I am using the stock messenger app and the "compressing file" pops up but the files still don't go through.

Any ideas?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
There's a good chance that it isn't the file size causing this issue, but it's easy enough to check. Open a conversation use the attachment option to take a picture and see if that pic will go through. If it does then maybe there is validity to your feelings that the files are too large. Which I will give you an easy work-around after we go through this to try and get you back to normal.

You don't mention anything you've tried to solve this yourself so I'm guessing you haven't done much. The stock app is notorious for getting bogged down. Most users pick up 3rd party apps almost right off the rip because the stock app offers few features and for heavy texters the stock app can easily get bogged down. Try clearing the cache on your SMS, Mail, and Facebook specifically and any other app you come across with a cache in general. Then reduce the number of messages. MMS is the worst for causing problems, so if possible save attachments and delete messages. This should get you back to being able to send MMS messages. If you have large threads with 100s or 1000s of messages you'll want to get a 3rd party app to make deleting these messages a bit more tolerable. I've heard the trying to batch delete with stock app freezes most devices. Unless you are willing to delete messages in batches of 50 or so. Handcent, Chomp SMS, and Go SMS are good alternatives.

If you find that your issue is just file size, so taking a picture with the attachment feature worked, but sending a pic that was downloaded or taken separately will not send. Try Google Drive. You sign in with your Google ID and send links to your friends or whomever, or make a folder and grant them access from their Google account. This is actually a nice alternative just for the fact that they will see full size versions of your attachments instead of dumbed down versions with reduced quality. Drive is similar to Dorpbox but being a Google Stock type person my be a bit more user friendly.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante