Why won't my HTC One M8 take a new system update?

A

AC Question

HTC One M8 - Will not take new system update

I have had my HTC One M8 for just over a month now. On the day that the new system update was released last week, my camera stopped working (freezes and returns to homescreen on opening the app).

I tried rebooting in safe mode and seeing if it will work (it didn't) and also performed a factory reset which made no difference, the camera was still not working. I have also noticed since that videos do not play either.

I then thought it was somehow related to the system update, so since then I have been trying to update the software to no avail - the software installs and then the phone reboots, only for the update notification to come up again, when I check to see the software version it is still on 4.4.4.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix these issues?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 - Will not take new system update

Welcome to Android Central! That's strange behavior. Are you sure the phone did a full factory reset? After the reset, did you have to log back into the phone and set it up all over again?

Do you have an SD card inserted? If so, unmount it (in Settings>Storage​) and remove it. A corrupt card can cause various issues.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 - Will not take new system update

If all else fails, bring it to the carrier. They sent the update, so they're responsible for it. (The way Android does updates, the only surprising thing is that it fails so few times. It's pre-1989 technology. Maybe even older, but I wrote a failsafe update method in 1989.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12