Why does my AT&T Galaxy S4 keep shutting off to the slightest tap on the back?

A

AC Question

AT&T Galaxy S4 keeps shutting off to the slightest tap on back...

I recently have dropped my AT&T Galaxy S4 on concrete after slipping on ice. It seemed to have landed on the top right corner of the phone because on the battery cover, it is severely scraped off... when I dropped it, the battery cover did come off and a very little bit of snow got on the back where the SIM card and SD card slots are. The water damage indicator turned pink. I really didn't think much of it and figured it was fine but now I've noticed that every time I give even the lightest tap on the back of the phone, it shuts off. Sometimes it restarts but usually I have to turn it back on. I was wondering if anyone knew what could be causing it to do this and if they knew what part would have to be fixed in order for it to stop doing this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Galaxy S4 keeps shutting off to the slightest tap on back...

Welcome to Android Central! Does it completely power off, or does the screen just turn off? If it's powering off completely, it might be something as simple as a damaged power button, or something more serious with the motherboard. Hard to say if water damage is contributing. You'd probably have to bring it to a repair shop to diagnose the problem accurately. Hope you didn't hurt yourself as well!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane