After enabling developer options, S3 doesn't recognize USB (PC&charger), why?

damnsamsung

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
After enabling developer options, S3 doesn't recognise USB (PC&charger)

Hello to all,

Phone is Galaxy S3 running JB 4.3 stock. I ''played'' with options, more precisely I was clicking Developer options, until the end (7 times - activate it)... because of my stupid curiosity. Now, with developer options being enabled, I'm having problems with phone doesn't recognize USB, whether I want to connect it to PC, or charge via charger.
w.w.w.youtube.com/watch?v=-qnsU1yiH_w#t=22
On this link it's showed how to disable developer options, but you can't do it on Samsung phone (!!!). I know I have to do factory reset, but before that I want to backup everything I need. The thing is that currently I'm having 13% of a battery available, and I need to fix this USB/charger issue to be able to further work. Now it's turned off (doesn't charge in this state too), because if I run out of battery I'm scared I won't be able to start it up again.

P.S. I tried to check/uncheck USB debugging... nothing happens.

I know this is a 100% software problem, and I hope you guys know the solution. Googled it earlier, no similar topic.

Thanks in advance!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: After enabling developer options, S3 doesn't recognise USB (PC&charger)

Clearing data on the settings app should disable developer options.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

But thanks for your reply.
It does work on Samsung phones. I just tried it on my note 4. I would suggest that you try again.

In your situation, would buy an external charger and charge the battery that way. Or find someone with an s3, have them charge their battery, and use it backup your data
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

damnsamsung

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site

On Samsung Galaxy S3, the Clear Data button is greyed out, unfortunately it doesn't work.

I was thinking about switching battery, but still USB will not work (if I don't manage to sort it out before), so I can't transfer pictures/video. I know for Airdroid, but via USB it's faster.

One OT question... when I do the factory reset, what's happening with apps on my Google play? Now I see them in Chrome on PC (Next to app name it show ''Installed'')... will they be erased too?

damnsamsung

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site

Sorted it out.

But what a crazy 1-1.5 hour is behind me. First activated ''Revoke USB debugging authorization'' at Developer options. Haven't recognise USB/charger. Then went to App manager -> All -> Settings -> Force stop. Then the party began. It randomly activated handsfree, car mode and S-voice. Then it locked itself while partying in backstage. Then it couldn't recognize my drawing pattern. Don't know my pin, can't type google account because of processes pooping from behind. Shut down, took me to ''downloading do not turn off target''. I was seconds from literally reset it through the window. Then it suddenly recognized pattern, I restarted it, and now it works like a charm. In short: never do force stop, especially on Settings.

Now I'm gonna backup all, and do the factory reset. And I'll have trauma clicking on android version for some time...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon