What is the orange border around the screen?

A

AC Question

Nexus 7 (2013)
Lollipop 5.0.2
Chrome browser

Occasionally an orange frame appears around the screen when using Chrome. Usually text is enlarged and only part of the web page is visible. The frame can be removed by changing from vertical to horizontal.

It's annoying. Google hasn't found any related complaints, so I'm probably using the wrong search terms.

Can anyone direct me to a helpful site?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's probably an accessibility function, either Chrome's or your phone's. In Chrome, tap Menu, then Settings, and look at the Accessibility settings. If nothing is turned on there, then go to the phone's System Settings, select Accessibility, and look for anything turned on there.

Firstchild

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
This is happening when I use my keyboard. Just started after 5.0.2 update. And seems to start when I use back arrow key. Sorry if this posted twice. The keyboard is acting weird because of this issue.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Which keyboard are you using?

As Diddy said it could be an accessibility setting. Switch magnification and high contrast off.

Just in case switch battery saver off. That's another thing with orange frames.

Last edited:

Firstchild

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Go to settings>system>accessibility >Magnification Gestures Select Off. This setting is not supposed affect the keyboard, but in my case it did. Changing this setting solved the problem.

Kiimz

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Mine is a red boarder and it appears when I use the camera and the gallery applications as well as the chrome. My note 5 recently ungraded to marshmallow and the Web page isn't magnified.

Wabbit1961

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: On my Phone there is an orange Border??

Can you please help me?? There is a orange Border around my phone can you tell me what it is?? Thanks.

That's a magnification feature you have to turn off. My Samsung had it and it drove me nuts. Go to settings-personal-accessibility-vision and scroll down. Turn off the magnification gestures. You're welcome.

Daharpa

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
THANKYOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I was ready to throw my phone at the wall as everytime I used the backspace key it went into that horrible magnified mode that was impossible to get out of. Problem fixed!

Rachael Tobeck

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Hooray... You sorted my orange frame problem.... IT'S GONE ON FOREVER....!!! Bless you all!!

Welcome to Android Central! It's probably an accessibility function, either Chrome's or your phone's. In Chrome, tap Menu, then Settings, and look at the Accessibility settings. If nothing is turned on there, then go to the phone's System Settings, select Accessibility, and look for anything turned on there.

Brilliant!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol