How to I configure the GMAIL app on my Samsung S4 Mini to always request a password upon invocation?

A

AC Question

How to I configure the GMAIL app on my Samsung S4 Mini to always request a password upon invocation.

Currently, the GMAIL app will upon invocation open and display the mail that has already been cached. This is a security issue for me.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unless you place the app under a locked workspace, that is the way all mail apps are designed to work. You have a bevvy of options to secure this:

1) Set up a secure lockscreen. That way only you have access to your phone and its contents.
2) Download a third party 'secure' app lock, well, app. There are a few options out there that let you do just what you want. Set up a password, select which apps you want on lock-down, and done. When you activate the app, all these apps will be hidden/restricted and only if you input the right password can they be accessed (most of them also let you do the same with files).
3) I'm not sure if your Samsung device supports it or not, but if it comes with Knox, you can set a separate workspace and select apps to only run while you input the right credentials.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith