My camera and all of the settings are upside down, how do I fix it?

A

AC Question

I have already read other suggestions and none fixed this. I have the Samsung Note 4 and was using the camera when I noticed everything was upside down. It was taking pictures upside down, and moving them into the Gallery upside down and all of the settings are now flipped upside down. I already removed the battery, powered off, and did a re-start. I tried to follow other people's ideas with unchecking the Screen Rotation in the settings (under Display and Wallpaper). None of the settings in the camera itself will allow me to flip the camera back upright again. Now what? And no, I'm not holding the phone upside down, nor do I want to hold the phone upside to take pictures from now on.

Hawkeye95

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Mine does not have a gyroscope option, I looked. I also tried the suggestion that you linked. Still nothing. As for your question if it was working while I was taking the shot... I'm pretty sure it started out working? I really don't recall, because I never expected to see anything like this. It wasn't until I took a few shots and then went to look at it, that the screen was flipped and I had to turn the phone upside down to even view the gallery, etc. I did read where some people said they dropped their phone. I actually just remember that I did drop my phone a few minutes before the camera/screen flipped. But it wasn't a hard drop-- dropped into the dirt, and it has an Otterbox. I'm not sure I like the suggestions from other posts saying to drop it again.... Thank you for replying!! :)

Hawkeye95

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I finally got it to fix itself, but I don't really know what worked. After doing about the 4th Restart, and playing with every setting I could think of, I set the phone down and came back after the last restart was finished. Looked at it, and the camera is right side up again. Whew. (don't know why it didn't work the first two or three times I tried it..)

Dr_E

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Had a similar problem after my son dropped my Note 4. Reset my camera, nothing. Then I just gently banged it into my hand and viola! Not sure if it will work for everyone.

Rob Hemenway

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem. My Galaxy S5 did it right after I took a picture. I believe I put the phone down just as I was taking a picture, and the gyro messed it up somehow. That picture was upside down in my gallery, but if I accessed my gallery from the camera, that picture was right side up and the rest were upside down. Restarting fixed it.

April Henderson2

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, after having my Note 3 for six months i noticed that my camera icons flipped and my pics i took were saved upside down. Nothing to flip them back in the settings. BUT after reading some of these comments....I tried restarting it and taking the battery out and bang...it worked!! Thank everyone. :cool:

YoshiBoba

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Guys, after trying EVERYTHING listed on my Droid Turbo, nothing worked. Until I found ananother message board where suggested running this free app from Google play store and it WORKED!!!
Search for GPS toolkit

Josh Pruett

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes everyone! Thanks so much! My was doing the same thing and I slapped it in my hand pretty hard, kind of like a hard clap because gently doing it wasn't working. But it is working fine now! Galaxy Note 4 btw

ruffrideralec

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Temp fix: Turn off phone and remove battery.
The problem that causes this issue is the accelorometer, and gyroscope sensors have crashed. This causes the camera not to know what position the phone is in. Removing the battery completely forces all the sensors to reboot.
I've had this problem before myself and there is a permanent fix by installing a 3rd party app, but I can't recall which. When I do I'll post it.
The GPS toolkit search below is no good.

kekepannia

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
This may sound weird, but that happened to my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) -- twice. Both times it was after I dropped it (thank goodness for the OtterBox)!!! I shut it off. Started it. Restarted it. Probably went thru all of that at least ten times. Checked the settings. Shut Screen Rotation off. Turned screen rotation back on. Took it apart, removed the battery. Still none of that fixed the problem. Then I realized that the camera & photos were upside down after I'd dropped the phone. I dropped it again and everything was right with my phone.

No clue why this worked -twice- , but it did.

~Kekepannia~

Chinomnso Orji

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
This is ridiculous! I mistakenly dropped my phone sometime and later I realized my camera takes pictures upside-down. I read some other post where they said to fix this problem, drop your phone. I did but, gentle this time since I am aware of what I an doing and it fixed the problem. Really ridiculous!

Acetrace

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
I had this on my Samsung tab 4, tried everything including dropping nothing worked, thought I'd try the turning off the screen rotation, but it was already off so switched it back on instead & problem solved, so simple I could of kicked myself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084