I have already read other suggestions and none fixed this. I have the Samsung Note 4 and was using the camera when I noticed everything was upside down. It was taking pictures upside down, and moving them into the Gallery upside down and all of the settings are now flipped upside down. I already removed the battery, powered off, and did a re-start. I tried to follow other people's ideas with unchecking the Screen Rotation in the settings (under Display and Wallpaper). None of the settings in the camera itself will allow me to flip the camera back upright again. Now what? And no, I'm not holding the phone upside down, nor do I want to hold the phone upside to take pictures from now on.
    02-05-2015 07:51 PM
    I don't know. (you're welcome!)

There was a similar thread in the Note 3 forum some time ago, but I cannot find it or the outcome.

Was it rotating correctly as you were taking the shot?

On non-carrier devices *#0*# has a gyroscope test.

B. Diddy had a good idea for a slightly different issue:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=465534
    02-05-2015 08:07 PM
    Mine does not have a gyroscope option, I looked. I also tried the suggestion that you linked. Still nothing. As for your question if it was working while I was taking the shot... I'm pretty sure it started out working? I really don't recall, because I never expected to see anything like this. It wasn't until I took a few shots and then went to look at it, that the screen was flipped and I had to turn the phone upside down to even view the gallery, etc. I did read where some people said they dropped their phone. I actually just remember that I did drop my phone a few minutes before the camera/screen flipped. But it wasn't a hard drop-- dropped into the dirt, and it has an Otterbox. I'm not sure I like the suggestions from other posts saying to drop it again.... Thank you for replying!!
    anon8380037 likes this.
    02-05-2015 08:34 PM
    Okay, I finally got it to fix itself, but I don't really know what worked. After doing about the 4th Restart, and playing with every setting I could think of, I set the phone down and came back after the last restart was finished. Looked at it, and the camera is right side up again. Whew. (don't know why it didn't work the first two or three times I tried it..)
    02-05-2015 09:25 PM
    Let's hope it stays that way.
    4th time lucky.
    I will upgrade at some point from a Note 3.
    I hope it's not an OIS issue.
    02-06-2015 06:58 AM
    Had a similar problem after my son dropped my Note 4. Reset my camera, nothing. Then I just gently banged it into my hand and viola! Not sure if it will work for everyone.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    04-04-2015 05:59 PM
    The gentle banging on the head worked for me as I had the same problem. Seriously.
    04-23-2015 09:44 PM
    I had this problem. My Galaxy S5 did it right after I took a picture. I believe I put the phone down just as I was taking a picture, and the gyro messed it up somehow. That picture was upside down in my gallery, but if I accessed my gallery from the camera, that picture was right side up and the rest were upside down. Restarting fixed it.
    06-02-2015 09:18 AM
    Well, after having my Note 3 for six months i noticed that my camera icons flipped and my pics i took were saved upside down. Nothing to flip them back in the settings. BUT after reading some of these comments....I tried restarting it and taking the battery out and bang...it worked!! Thank everyone.
    06-09-2015 04:59 PM
    Guys, after trying EVERYTHING listed on my Droid Turbo, nothing worked. Until I found ananother message board where suggested running this free app from Google play store and it WORKED!!!
    Search for GPS toolkit
    06-19-2015 05:10 PM
    Yes everyone! Thanks so much! My was doing the same thing and I slapped it in my hand pretty hard, kind of like a hard clap because gently doing it wasn't working. But it is working fine now! Galaxy Note 4 btw
    10-15-2015 07:47 PM
    Wow been resetting the cache and messing around with settings on my HTC One M9 and all it needed was a slap! It's amazing how things work better with a smack 😆🔨
    Thanks
    11-17-2015 02:19 PM
    Temp fix: Turn off phone and remove battery.
    The problem that causes this issue is the accelorometer, and gyroscope sensors have crashed. This causes the camera not to know what position the phone is in. Removing the battery completely forces all the sensors to reboot.
    I've had this problem before myself and there is a permanent fix by installing a 3rd party app, but I can't recall which. When I do I'll post it.
    The GPS toolkit search below is no good.
    03-20-2016 08:38 AM
    Well brothers i got a simple solution for that.... just go and calibrate your phone... the problem will solve
    08-21-2016 05:22 PM
    This may sound weird, but that happened to my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) -- twice. Both times it was after I dropped it (thank goodness for the OtterBox)!!! I shut it off. Started it. Restarted it. Probably went thru all of that at least ten times. Checked the settings. Shut Screen Rotation off. Turned screen rotation back on. Took it apart, removed the battery. Still none of that fixed the problem. Then I realized that the camera & photos were upside down after I'd dropped the phone. I dropped it again and everything was right with my phone.

No clue why this worked -twice- , but it did.

~Kekepannia~
    02-09-2017 08:46 PM