How can I wipe my micro SD 128?

A

AC Question

My micro SD 128 suddenly died on me

Ok, stating a fact first: I do not care about inside the content, so don't bother me with "recovery program"

starting from beginning, I was transferring a quite heavy video file from my PC to S4, then I head into shower, came back, saw the transfer done, disconnected my s4 from it. few minute later, SD card cannot be detected in my PC. my s4 can recognize it but can't show the file in it. also, my s4 became sluggish while SD card in it, once I've taken it out, it function normally. I do not believe the file I've transferred from my PC to s4 has a virus, but if it was the case, I'd like just to wipe my SD card fully, and I'll add it to ex-fat32 format if I haven't already done so. but my pc cannot detect the card, my S4 does detect its in there, but cannot mount or erase everything in SD card.

I apologise for my poorly written paragraph, and do hope that you understand my problem.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: My micro SD 128 suddenly died on me

Welcome to the forums. I would put the SD card back in and have Android format it. That can be done in Settings>Storage. Perhpas that will help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: My micro SD 128 suddenly died on me

I would say its probably gone. Whatever happened to it during the file transfer probably killed it.

From an AOSP M8