Hello, I recently dropped my gs3 and completely shattered the screen; its display is now completely black and unresponsive to touch though the device is still on & functioning. Coincidentally, when I connect it via usb to my computer it shows up completely blank with zero items in the drive even though there are 2 years worth of files on that phone's internal storage. It just shows up as a "portable media player". My phone is set to connect as a media device automatically so I can access the files in my internal drive and sd card but even when I put in an sd card nothing changes.

I have tried:
    - resetting the phone and pc
    - connecting it to different computers, different ports and with different cables.
    - using drive recovery software but nothing even recognizes the drive to recover the data
    - android control (but I cant find path to ADB executable)

I really need only a few files from the internal storage so anything that can help me copy even 2 damn megabytes of data would be awesome. Thanks in advance <3
    02-07-2015 12:58 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you have a screenlock set for the phone? If so, then when you try to connect the phone to your computer, the computer won't be able to read anything until you unlock the phone. Try this method: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ed-screen.html
    02-07-2015 10:20 PM