why can't i download music on my LG G3 android Phone?

A

AC Question

I download the apps (music Ocean, Music maniac, etc) and each time I try to search for a song I get the same message on every app . it says (This app uses the Jamendo.com api for all results. Jamendo.com is a search engine.) and each time I attempt to search for a song it tells me an error accured during the search and to try again!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a virus. Are you running a good antivirus app? (Anything .com isn't an API, it's an internet address. An API is a location in the phone's firmware. (It could be a location at that web address, like the Google weather API, but I'd first suspect a virus if EVERY music app does that.)

PinkPoodleTiff

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem!! And, uggghhh - It's soooo frustrating! I believe this is the first time in my life I've tried to research something on google, and haven't been able to find the answer. This has gotta be a very new virus or something. This is the ONLY post I could find related to my problem. I have downloaded 20+ mp3 downloaders, and they all say this (All search results come from Jamendo.com API. Jamendo is the biggest website for free Copyleft music that can be downloaded legally). And when I search for popular artists, they all come up with no results.

I have an LG Ultimate 2/LGL41C. My phone is also rooted....not sure if maybe that could be part of the issue? You'll have to excuse me, but I'm pretty dumb when it comes to Firmware, Rooting, API's, blah, blah, blah.....I don't know what any of that means. A friend just told me I should root my phone, so I did. I've done nothing different with it since I rooted it - because for one, I don't know what to do - and if I did, I wouldn't know how to do it. So, like I said - I apologize for my ignorance. But, can someone please try to help us figure this problem out? Should I just do a factory reset on my phone? I REALLY hate to do that - but, I will if necessary.

I just wanna be able to download some music...of my choosing...not Jamendo's. I don't want to ever see the word "Jamendo" again at this point, on my phone....except if I'm deleting something! I'm sorry for the frustration....just extremely irritated after HOURS of trying to figure this out!! :mad:

Thank you!

Brian Kohl

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Ok I'm going to confirm this BS. Days of searching through settings and different apps. I have an lgg3 my friend has a s5 mini both do this same thing. My HTC one however can download music will say long on any music download app I want. Wtf any advice? Its hard to find this on Google and yes I checked off 3rd party apps

Kelly LeBoeuf

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Well my issue is similar but not really my husband has a galaxy6 edge and i have a lg3 he downloaded all the apps i have to put music on his phone he doesnt have a issue with none of then but everyone i have will tell me no results found for the artist/song i search and some of them will search but will only give me cover songs of other people singing WTH am i suppose to download for me to get music on my phone

snellleahautumn

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
This drives me crazy. Every time I download a music downloading app, it says no results found for anything I search. My friend suggested a great app, I downloaded it, it didn't work but it works for her. It doesn't make sense. No app works

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
This is ridiculous. I aid mony for a ho to have high quality items on it only not to be able to do the one thing i use the phone mainly for-my tunes!!! Google needs to annie up its efforts to stay updated cuz nothing and i mean nothing works. Please take my nightmares elsewhere and help a girl out with this,would you?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is ridiculous. I aid mony for a ho to have high quality items on it only not to be able to do the one thing i use the phone mainly for-my tunes!!! Google needs to annie up its efforts to stay updated cuz nothing and i mean nothing works. Please take my nightmares elsewhere and help a girl out with this,would you?

Sorry--what exactly is the issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol