Smart lock broken?

fredsie

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have been using Smart Lock with my home as a Trusted Location ever since the Lollipop upgrade in November.

But yesterday it just completely stopped working. Although Maps clearly shows I'm at home, the trusted place no longer woks and my phone keeps locking.

I've tried a number of things to try to get it back:
- resetting my home location in Maps
- adding a new GPS-based trusted location set at my house
- switching all the settings off and on again, plus reboots.

The phone is a Nexus 5.

Any ideas?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I have been using Smart Lock with my home as a Trusted Location ever since the Lollipop upgrade in November.

But yesterday it just completely stopped working. Although Maps clearly shows I'm at home, the trusted place no longer woks and my phone keeps locking.

I've tried a number of things to try to get it back:
- resetting my home location in Maps
- adding a new GPS-based trusted location set at my house
- switching all the settings off and on again, plus reboots.

The phone is a Nexus 5.

Any ideas?
Have you tried clearing the cache for that app? If not, give that a try and see if it works.

therearenorules

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I have discovered the culprit. Google maps shows my accurate home location, but if I try to add a new place, when I'm at home, the map generated that shows my location is off by a few houses. It seems like Google Play Services Location does not get it's info from google maps. Anyone know how to calibrate your location in google play services?

fredsie

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
There's a Google help item somewhere about this which I can't find at the moment, but it tells you to get the map corrected! Here's how you do it. On your phone, search for your house in Google Maps. Click the white section at the bottom of the screen to get the location details/street view option. Below Street View is a "report a problem" section. Click it and follow the instructions on how to correct your house's location. I did this and it takes Google about two months to do the update.
(Yes I know you said your place is correct in Maps but I'd do it just the same, mentioning the specific problem you have. I found that sometimes maps was showing the correct location, and sometimes the wrong one, seemingly randomly.)
Just for the record, this wasn't the problem in my case as even entering a correct address didn't work. It just started working again about a week later for no obvious reason. There have been a few Google App updates recently.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance