Why haven't I got the SW update option?

allan592

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
htc sensation not rooted but no sw update option

hello guys. i recently acquired this supposed htc sensation xe, used, from a friend. yes, it looks like just the sensation and with just 1gb internal memory but in the 'about the phone ' and music app it says its an htc sensation xe with beats audio and the beats enhancement option is available as well. in 'about the phone' all the way to sw information, it gives sw version as 2.3.4 ( gb) and htc sense ver. as 3.0. now here is where real confusion starts. it gives the software number as 'pyramid3d v.8.3.0 xe by...' and there's no option for sw update. at first i thought its rooted but from the tests ive done with terminal emulator, root browser...checking for su, the phone aint rooted and no, its not carrier branded. what could be the mystery here? any help appreciated

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: htc sensation not rooted but no sw update option

In About device, the first option should be Software update. If not, HTC never intended to update that phone, and you'll have to find a captured update file and do it manually. Look in XDA Forums. Put htc sensation in the "find phone" search.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000