How do I factory reset my Galaxy Centura?

A

AC Question

I can't get my Galaxy Centura to factory reset...HELP!!!

I have a Galaxy Centura that my bf gave me. He however had put a lock on it and can't remember what it is so that I can unlock it and begin using it. I've been trying to do a factory reset but it won't work. I'm holding the volume up & down buttons & the power button at the same time, but the factory reset screen never appears. It doesn't do anything but turn phone on. Can anybody help me? I'm going crazy here!!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: I can't get my Galaxy Centura to factory reset...HELP!!!

Take it to your carrier or network provider who will assist you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can't get my Galaxy Centura to factory reset...HELP!!!

Sansung recovery is:

From power off, Volume Up + Home, then press the power button. Hold all 3 until you see the tiny blue writing at the upper left of the screen (I forget what it says - recovery mode, maybe). There's a Factory reset item in there. Volume up and down buttons to move between items, power to do the current item.

That probably won't remove the screen lock, though. (And for obvious reasons - people "finding" phones and asking how to unlock the screen - we won't give that information out here.) Either ask him for the password (or pin code or pattern) or, as Belodion said, bring the phone to the carrier's store and they can unlock the screen for you.

Then change it to something you can't forget. (And that no one else can figure out, like your birthday or house address.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781