How do I stop a stranger from factory resetting my Android device?

A

AC Question

how do i stop a stranger from factory resetting my android device

is there an android app or a way through which i can stop somebody from factory resetting my android device or ask for a password. i input my password and give my phone to somebody what if he or she factory resets my phone. is there an app

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: how do i stop a stranger from factory resetting my android device

Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

I'm not clear where you stand at the moment.
If you have loaned it to somebody already, and changed your mind, you should be able to lock it with Android Device Manager from a pc or other device with your Gmail / Google account.
www.google.com/android/devicemanager

Otherwise it's an interesting general question. Yes someone can erase your device if they know the button sequence for that model.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

You can get an app called App lock. Its free on play and allows you to set a password/pin for other apps. Settings is one such app that you can protect.

From an AOSP M8

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

But someone can still reset the phone from recovery mode and, since you can't run apps in the recovery partition, about the only thing that would stop someone from using it would be a custom recovery that needs a password. (There is none - you'd have to have TWRP or the Clockworkmod people make a modification.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC