Why does the HTC One (M8) music app crash?

A

AC Question

I recently got a SanDisk 64gb microsd and transferred 50gb of music onto it from my laptop. After doing that, I put it into my phone and opened up the phone's music app (it's the app that just says "Music"). My phone loaded started to display all of the songs that were on the microsd but it froze after I played the first song. Every time I open the music app, the app opens up but I can't tap on anything. It's been about about a week since I added the songs to my phone and I have been using Google Play Music since that app doesn't crash. I tried connecting my phone to my computer to see if I can get HTC Sync Manager to work but it doesn't play any songs from the phone's library, just my computer's library. Is there anyway I can get the HTC music app to work?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, make sure the card is legit, because counterfeit cards continue to be a problem. Run SD Insight.

If the card is legit, then it may be that the files got corrupted during the copy process. Try erasing the files, and this time transferring the files in smaller batches. Some people have noted an increased risk of corruption when transferring a large number of files at one time.

arnold.1441

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I'm pretty sure the OP is correct. There seems to be some issue with the stock music player handling large libraries (mine is on a 64gb memory card as well). All other music players have no issues. Native just freezes. Thanks for the help though... You might have suggested trying another player before suggesting OP spend an hour on your suggestion... Just a thought

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol