Is the new Verizon System Update - Android 5.0, Lollipop Safe for download?

A

AC Question

Is new Verizon System Update - Android 5.0, Lollipop Safe for download

I did the install and my Moto X 2nd gen got locked in a cycle apparently caused by the reboot command being lost. The phone would not reboot. After hours on the phone with Verizon then Motorola I was issued a new phone. They said I had a root problem on the phone although I had no problems prior to attempting the install. On the replacement Moto X I'm now getting the same System Update message. I'm gun shy of attempting again.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is new Verizon System Update - Android 5.0, Lollipop Safe for download

I did the install and my Moto X 2nd gen got locked in a cycle apparently caused by the reboot command being lost. The phone would not reboot. After hours on the phone with Verizon then Motorola I was issued a new phone. They said I had a root problem on the phone although I had no problems prior to attempting the install. On the replacement Moto X I'm now getting the same System Update message. I'm gun shy of attempting again.
You should be fine. Just make sure the device is fully charged (connected to a power source preferably) before updating. If you encounter the bootloop you will need to factory reset through recovery. Be sure to backup your data and sync accounts before accepting the update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt