The Lollipop update has deleted my contacts list, how can I get it back?

A

AC Question

Lollipop has deleted my contacts list!

I upgraded to Lollipop on my Samsung Galaxy S5 over a WiFi connection, since completing my contact list has the message "Contact list is being updated", this has been the case the past 2 hours. What's most annoying is i have no way of stopping this to even re-add or recover my contacts from my backup!?!?

Anyone come across this problem or know of a possible way to resolve it?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lollipop has deleted my contacts list!

I don't think you've lost anything. If you really want to check it out go to your Google account online and check your contacts. I don't have LP yet but it is a pretty big OS update and things are changing, maybe they had to empty out your contacts to repopulate it with the changes. Just like setting up a new device Contacts can take a few hours to show up, and update. Not that I would advise it while the device is saying that something is updating, but have you tried restarting the device? I would however wait for the "Updating" message to go away, and I wouldn't panic until at least tomorrow.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lollipop has deleted my contacts list!

OP press post back if I was correct and it just took time for everything to catch up to help others. If not there may be more help that could be offered...

Thank you

Posted via Android Central App

lilbit8

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I just did the update on my T-mobile Galaxy S5 and I am having the same problem. It has been saying "updating contact list" for the last 10 hours. I have cleared my cache. I also have removed my google account and then put it back on. I have taken the battery out. HELP PLEASE!!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
There should be a warning when the device is first activated that syncing and updating may take up to 24 hours. By now I'm sure that everything has shown up but please post back either way so that this thread will be useful to others that may find this thread while having the same issue.

Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon