My internal storage is not showing any space recovery. What should I do?

rekhiya

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
my internal storage is not showing any space recovery. what should I do?

i'm using micromax a1 . i am new to this whole smartphone thing. Despite moving most of my app to my sd card my internal storage is not showing much space recovery. i can not buffer and watch online videos as its saying that my phone doesn't have space. please tell me what should i do? i have installed ram cleaner and cleared the cache data as well. i dont understand whats taking up the space. apart from the in built app there's only two / three app in my phone which are not more than 2/ 3 mb.My internal storage shows -
Total space 2.27 gb
Available- 857 mb

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: my internal storage is not showing any space recovery. what should I do?

Welcome to Android Central. Try this: Go into Settings>storage. Click on the cache partition. It will say something like 'Clear the cache?' and ask to click OK or cancel. Click OK, and see if that helps.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Moving an app to the SD card leaves a link to it in internal storage (because that's where Android looks for apps). If the app is written in enough small pieces (that's how Android apps are written - in pieces), the link isn't much smaller than the piece it's pointing to so you don't save much space.

Buffering a video isn't a good thing (you sound as if you want to buffer) - it means that your internet connection is too slow for the video to stream at full speed. "Buffering" actually means "waiting".

DO NOT use a RAM cleaner. That defeats the way Android works, slows the phone down and wastes battery. RAM has nothing to do with storage.

The phone has 4GB of internal storage, most of which is used by Android. It probably needs about 300MB free to operate. So the 857 MB you have free gives you only 500-600MB for apps - which is nothing these days. Apps tend to get larger as storage increases, and a phone with 16GB of storage is considered a small phone these days.

There's not much you can do, since you have a phone running KitKat that has about enough space to run Gingerbread. (It's a way for the manufacturer to sell a "modern" phone cheap.)

rekhiya

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site

Rukbat
I dont usually watch/buffer videos in my mobile.Occasionally i do that when my pc connection doesn't work. I've got 3g in my mobile.The buffering is not the problem here, the window is getting shut off before or while buffering saying there isn't much space .... that is the problem.

The 857 mb that i have mentioned that is excluding the space the app's are taking, in other words as per my mobile data its the available space. Does a video of 360p requires more than this space to buffer?

About the app links you've mentioned... if i delete/ uninstall an app is there a possibility that the internal storage links stays?