I can take photos and upload them to FB and even send them to people, buy why can't I receive photos?

A

AC Question

I can take photos and upload them to FB and even send them to people, but I cannot receive photos.

I have a factory unlocked Galaxy S5 model SM-G900F that I have on Straight Talk with an AT&T sim card. I have the APN settings set according to what I've seen on this site which match what ST customer service said they should be. I can take photos, upload them to FB and send photos to my contacts but I cannot receive photos. ST said that I should set the APN settings to default, reboot the phone and re-enter them. I did this and it didn't change anything. Then they suggested that I send a photo to myself from my phone which I did. I received that photo, but I also had the yellow dialogue box also that says "download". Usually when someone sends me a photo that dialogue box is all I ever get. I have not been able to download any of the photos that have been sent to me. What am I overlooking? ST can't help me anymore because they say my settings are correct. I'm losing my patients!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: I can take photos and upload them to FB and even send them to people, but I cannot receive photo

Was the phone bought new or used? Not sure if this device had parental controls but it sounds like it might and they are set to block mms or something. Check your security settings. Aside from that it could be a resource issue. Try reducing the number of messages and cleaning your cache for your messaging app, FB, and your mail app.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888