What if my LG G3 screen is cracked but still works but won't respond to touch?

A

AC Question

What if my lg g3 screen is crack but still works but wont respawn to touch

i droped my phone it cracked on the bottom of the phone lt will not respond to my touch

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: What if my lg g3 screen is crack but still works but wont respawn to touch

Sorry to hear about your issue. Not familiar with the LG3 but my guess is you severed the connection to the mother board. The LED is only display. The glass on top, that your touch, is the digitizer. That's what translates your touch into input. You can replace it your self, there are tons of vids on YouTube for DIY, but any repairs attempted by other than an authorized repair facility will vids your warranty. If you have insurance now is the time to use it.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

I strongly suggest that replacing the digitizer is NOT a do it yourself project. The first few phones you work on, you'll probably either overheat the LCD layer, ruining it, or underheat the glue, slivering the glass when you pull it off and piercing the LCD layer. Then you'll have to replace the entire screen (which also involves heat), probably ruining something else. You'll turn a relatively cheap repair into "it's not worth repairing".

You can use an OTG cable (the 87 cent ones from China are just as good as the $40 ones from Best Buy) and a USB mouse, to save everything on the phone, before shipping it off for a proper repair.

blakechan1989

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site

The screen of LG G3 is a LCD screen which means it can be divided into 3 parts: glass, digitizer and lcd screen. It seems you've cracked the glass and the digitizer. Replace the whole screen assembly is a better choice if you do not have much experience in DIY repair.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

The glass and the digitizer are one in the same, and there are a ton of videos on YouTube for DYI, but it isn't as easy as they make it seem. So "Yes" if you have insurance I wouldn't chance doing it myself, but if you do not it is possible. Since the time when I replaced my digitizer on my Incredible I've noticed more and more places offering kits to replace the digitizer and/or LED that come with the tools, and double sided tape required to attach them to the device. Now there are a few more alternatives that require less skill, not judging your skill level I'm only offering this as information, but you can get for some devices assemblies that make this a lot easier depending on what you are willing to spend. Digitizer/LED combos, Digitizer/case combos, and Digitizer/LED/Case combos. There are also places out there that will do the repairs for you, most are not authorized and it will void your warranty however most will warranty the repair and have the equipment, and skill to perform the repairs better than perhaps you could at your kitchen table. Again it comes back to what are you willing to spend and how long are you willing to be without your device.

Reece Field1

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue but the crack is straight through my screen and one half of my screen works and the other doesnt:cool:
In my case i dont think its the connectors,but it your case if the phone is shatterd it might be

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc