Seriously looking at unlocking and running a root through my HTC one m8 just for a couple of extra features I'd like . apart from that I still want a rock solid reliable phone . anyone know of a totaly reliable place to get step by step instructions for this . I haven't seen any yet but maybe even HTC themselves might have some hidden away somewhere . all said and done I don't want to leave anything to chance . thanks

Posted via my HTC one m8
    02-11-2015 03:49 AM
    Welcome to AC.๐Ÿ™‹

A good place to learn about that would be in the HTC One M8 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks forum. There are geniuses in there who will be happy to advise.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-11-2015 06:43 AM
    How you root depends on which version of Android you're running. Also, if it's 4.4.2, the date of the kernel.

And if it's rooted, you can't update, so you should also have a stock ROM and a way to flash it, for when you want to update.
    02-11-2015 12:22 PM
    Thanks for the welcome belodian , did see the introduce yourself forum when I first discovered this site . signed up then went looking n couldn't find it . found it again just before bed last night but too late to write . like being in a unfamiliar buildiding ๐Ÿ˜ฎ . so the people you mentioned are in here somewhere ?

Posted via my HTC one m8
    02-11-2015 03:41 PM
    They are. Let me try to provide a couple of links.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8/

http://forums.androidcentral.com/introductions/

I guess it depends on which app you're using, and whether the mobile or desktop version. In the Android Central app on my phone, I just tap 'Forums' top left and it shows the available options. But the above links should be okay.

(By the way, the waving figure in my first reply shows as genderless on my Nexus 5, which is what I texted on, but now that I'm using my G3, I see that it shows as female, inaccurately. Doh.)

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-11-2015 04:01 PM
    Thanks , using my phone just need to wander around and familiarize myself a bit . think I found some forums inside forums but right now might be lazy and use your links . ๐Ÿ˜ƒ thanks again .

Posted via my HTC one m8
    belodion likes this.
    02-11-2015 04:29 PM