Why are MP3's corrupting when syncing playlists in Play store to the phone on my mini SD card?

A

AC Question

MP3's are corrupting when syncing playlists in Play store to phone on my mini SD card.

So I recently got a new 64 gig SD card. Pointed my Google Play to that card and set all my playlists to sync with my phone. Now anytime I add any songs to my Google library and sync a lot of songs get corrupted. They won't play, or they will play a completely different song then labeled. Sometimes they will play the actual song in the middle go into something completely different and then go back to playing the original song. Or a song I added to the list will now be played when I click numerous other songs in my lists.

I have an HTC M8. Anyone have any ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: MP3's are corrupting when syncing playlists in Play store to phone on my mini SD card.

Have you checked the card? Use SD Insight in the phone. If it's a good card (microSD cards weren't made in 1970, so that would be a dead giveaway that it's not), put it into a card reader, plug it into a Windows computer, go to a cmd prompt and run chkdsk on it. (Assuming the card is drive E: - C:>chkdsk e: /f) If chkdsk says the card is bad, see if you can format it (right-click on it, then format as exFAT). If it formats, put it back into the phone, boot to recovery and format it again. If it won't format it, it's bad - have it replaced.

ctoper11

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
You're a genius Rukbat thank you!! I bought a bad card it would seem. I formatted it. So we shall see if it happens again I'll just toss the card. I only paid 3 bucks for it I guess you get what you pay for. : )

Thanks again

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech