Why is my phone jumping from my home wifi to my mobile network?

A

AC Question

Wifi problems

My phone keeps connecting to the wifi at home only to immediately go back to the 4G LTE connection. I don't have problems with my laptop just the cell phone. I have noticed this problem the last few days. Possibly since I downloaded the new update for my phone.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
My phone keeps connecting to the wifi at home only to immediately go back to the 4G LTE connection. I don't have problems with my laptop just the cell phone. I have noticed this problem the last few days. Possibly since I downloaded the new update for my phone.

Go to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi. Make sure that "Smart Network Switch is NOT checked. It can cause frequent switching between wi-fi and mobile data.

You might also want to go in to wi-fi Advanced settings and make sure "Always Allow Scanning" is not checked. Otherwise, your device will always be scanning for wi-fi networks, even when wi-fi is turned off.

Posted via the Android Central App on my bodaciously awesome Note 4!

Droid16

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
This is so time consuming annoying and problematic. I have done everything to fix this issue. My WIFI is automatically shutting their tabs down and I have watched it. I cant even open the tabs to connect manually. I have done all the steps and reset my phone ,nothing works, It was working fine last week now its not.