Can not send Pictures as SMS in Hangouts from a computer?

shanezam203

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
SMS is now Missing Attached Photo Option in Hangouts on Google Voice but using email to email it's there. I was able to attach Images (from a computer) in the past on both Google Voice and Hangouts,

Again I am using Google Voice inside Gmail and can text and reply, I used to be able to attach a photo from my computer, picasa or camera backups inside the Hangout, now I can only do that for email hangouts, not SMS. Any suggestions here?

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
SMS is for text only, to send a photo or other multimedia you need to send MMS. You said, you where able to attach them in the past, what has changed since then?

aaron clasby

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
noticed the same issue. I had the plugin for chrome and it updates automatically. a few days ago, I noticed the camera button was gone...the app doesn't allow mms, but the paperclip is still there for attachments, but probably because I have it set as my default SMS/MMS agent. I switch to send via carrier and the pics are received by whom I send them too. so at this point, google has done something because its an issue with the phone app and desktop chrome addin's.