Why has my front facing camera option has disappeared on my camera (HTC ONE M8)?

A

AC Question

My Front facing camera option has disappeared.."HTC ONE M8"

Its been a month now since my front facing camera just disappeared from my phone..i can't even see the option of choosing it through the camera app.. and if i try to use another app that allows me to take a picture and switch cameras from there the app would just crash...My carrier is going to charge me 35$ just to look at the phone and then charge me extra to fix and I'm a college student and can't really afford that atm.. any ideas guys?

P.S: I've tried factory reseting my phone..and no luck with what ever "last pass" was supposed to do either.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Front facing camera option has disappeared.."HTC ONE M8"

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which prevents all 3rd party apps from opening. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10853. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then you know that something you installed is the culprit--the challenge then is to figure out which app. You may have to uninstall apps one by one. If, on the other hand, the problem remains in Safe Mode, then the issue lies with either the hardware or the system.

nadeem stubbs

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
hey whatsapp guys..I'm here to solve ..anyway its pretty simple lemme get straight to the point..
wat you gotta do is:

while your phone is ""on""

-remove memory card and..

-remove sim card (only if you sim is external or on a side slot) then..

-switch off your phone completely and wait for about 5 mins..

-the moment the phone switches back on..quickly go to your camera option and click on it..

(you have to be quick after its back on so that the phone gets confused with your quick moving and has no option but to bring the front camera back or watever it maybe ..and if you have any other similar issues ..please just do this same process again and it will work )..

I'm not a technical phone man ..but I'm really good when it come to any tech..

cheers guys if I have been of help ..let me know..

nadeem stubbs

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Dont ever bother bwt factory resetting..you will be wasting your time and you would have lost all your info with a silly move..
Factory default does refresh alot ..""but not when it comes to toggling with a software option such as your ""camera"".. Hitting on factory reset for your camera. .is the same as someone trying to hit the factory reset option to delete the ""factory default reset"" lol
..but anyway follow my up tip bro and everything will be fine.. Cheers

devilmaylaugh

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Front facing camera option has disappeared.."HTC ONE M8"

Okay. For 2 weeks I have had this issue. I tried EVERY fix I could find. I clicked Selfie Camera in Snapchat one night and bam, the option was forever gone. I rolled back to Stock Android, tried various roms to no avail. The fix I found, was more simple than I thought.

I had a wave of inspiration. What if, the ribbon cable connected to the daughterboard had jigged loose somehow? So I carefully dismantled my One M8. (If you havent done this before, you may have piles of tape to remove inside). The top 2 ribbon cables were, to my surprise out of the plugs by about 1-2 mm's. So I disconnected them, applied some rubbing alcohol to clean the connections, and repositioned them back in the plugs. Powered back on my phone, and wow. Suddenly my front camera was back! My NFC was back to being reliable, and better yet my audio issues in calls was also fixed.

Previous to the selfie mode issue, I had issues with NFC switching on or off at random, and the mic during calls was mute. I have included a picture to point out which cables to check (Once you peel off the silver tape).

XRZGQ5ZNTaXJP1b6.jpg

Zahirul Hasan Zim

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
It has worked for me when the first time, I tried this. Then again after 2 days all the options have disappeared again! And as i am following the procedure again and again it is not working anymore :( Any latest or permanent solution?

Orthy

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
hey whatsapp guys..I'm here to solve ..anyway its pretty simple lemme get straight to the point..
wat you gotta do is:

-the moment the phone switches back on..quickly go to your camera option and click on it..

(you have to be quick after its back on so that the phone gets confused with your quick moving and has no option but to bring the front camera back or watever it maybe ..and if you have any other similar issues ..please just do this same process again and it will work )..

Thank you so much... It worked like magic ������������

Last edited by a moderator:

Marahz

May 18, 2018
Visit site
wat you gotta do is:

Had the same problem and it worked awesomely shukran thanksss