How do I unlock my phone from the device manager?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and my screen busted. I tried to do something with Keis but realized it won't work because I don't have that app on my phone. After playing with that, it asked for a pin code. I've always had the 'dots' to get into my phone. I'm assuming I entered some passscode in but never saw it because I never could see my screen to do that.

Now, I've tried the android device manager, hoping to get in to my data (I don't have a SD card) but I can't get into it. I've set a new password through locking it but it says it's not the correct password. Help me please :)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and my screen busted. I tried to do something with Keis but realized it won't work because I don't have that app on my phone. After playing with that, it asked for a pin code. I've always had the 'dots' to get into my phone. I'm assuming I entered some passscode in but never saw it because I never could see my screen to do that.

Now, I've tried the android device manager, hoping to get in to my data (I don't have a SD card) but I can't get into it. I've set a new password through locking it but it says it's not the correct password. Help me please :)

Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

You don't need Kies on your phone to transfer, but you do need the screen unlocked (swipe lock or no lock on only).

You had a pattern lock on your device?
If Android Device Manager recognised, located and sent a new lock with your new pin to the device, it would have to be unlocked with the new pin via the screen, which is not possible in your case.

I don't understand where you say it won't accept the password.

This method is a slim chance :
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=376515

If you do manage to unlock, you can access your files, and photos in a DCIM folder, just with Windows Explorer if it recognises the device via usb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol