I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and my screen busted. I tried to do something with Keis but realized it won't work because I don't have that app on my phone. After playing with that, it asked for a pin code. I've always had the 'dots' to get into my phone. I'm assuming I entered some passscode in but never saw it because I never could see my screen to do that.

Now, I've tried the android device manager, hoping to get in to my data (I don't have a SD card) but I can't get into it. I've set a new password through locking it but it says it's not the correct password. Help me please
    02-14-2015 05:00 PM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and my screen busted. I tried to do something with Keis but realized it won't work because I don't have that app on my phone. After playing with that, it asked for a pin code. I've always had the 'dots' to get into my phone. I'm assuming I entered some passscode in but never saw it because I never could see my screen to do that.

Now, I've tried the android device manager, hoping to get in to my data (I don't have a SD card) but I can't get into it. I've set a new password through locking it but it says it's not the correct password. Help me please
    Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

You don't need Kies on your phone to transfer, but you do need the screen unlocked (swipe lock or no lock on only).

You had a pattern lock on your device?
    If Android Device Manager recognised, located and sent a new lock with your new pin to the device, it would have to be unlocked with the new pin via the screen, which is not possible in your case.

I don't understand where you say it won't accept the password.

This method is a slim chance :
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=376515

If you do manage to unlock, you can access your files, and photos in a DCIM folder, just with Windows Explorer if it recognises the device via usb.
    02-14-2015 05:44 PM