Why do I get an error message when I try to use my Starbucks app?

A

AC Question

Cant get my starbucks app to work

I had the app but all of a sudden it quit working. When I try to load it again I get a message that says "Cannot authenticate possibly due to limited network availability. Please try again later. I have been trying for days. My wifi is connected and everything else works, mail, facebook etc. HELP
Samsung 4

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cant get my starbucks app to work

Try using mobile data, just for authentication. If that doesn't work, try changing the DNS servers in the router to something like OpenDNS. (Whoever wrote the app is the only one who knows whether it's looking for an IP address - which won't work if Starbucks changes hosting - or the canonical address - which won't work if your provider's DNS server has been poisoned.)

Kurt Heston

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
It looks as though Starbucks' servers changed their authentication protocol and older versions of their Android app don't know how to deal with it.

Go to the Play Store and update your Starbucks app. You won't have any trouble logging thereafter.

t84a

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cant get my starbucks app to work

Try using mobile data, just for authentication. If that doesn't work, try changing the DNS servers in the router to something like OpenDNS. (Whoever wrote the app is the only one who knows whether it's looking for an IP address - which won't work if Starbucks changes hosting - or the canonical address - which won't work if your provider's DNS server has been poisoned.)

Thank you. Even Starbucks couldn't help me. Turning off wifi fixed it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca