Is there anyway to fix my phone screen after water got inside the screen?

A

AC Question

is there anyway to fix my phne screen after water got inside the screen?

Okay so a couple days ago I dropped my phone and water got inside the screen some how and my phone doesn't have a crack in it. the phone still works, the screen just wont light up at all. is there anyway to fix it without taking it repair shop?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: is there anyway to fix my phne screen after water got inside the screen?

Evidently the LED layer is shot, so the screen has to be replaced. Can you do that without taking it to the shop? You could, but you'd probably break something. Then, when you're fixing that, you'd probably break something else. These do it yourself phone repairs usually end up costing more than a shop would have charged to do the initial repair, so I wouldn't advise it. (In the shops I owned, a tech had to replace 6 screens successfully [on broken phones it didn't pay to repair, with broken screens like yours] before I'd let him touch a customer's screen replacement. It usually took about 10 tries to get 6 successes. The first one almost always resulted in something getting broken or fried. And these were electronic techs, who just didn't have cellphone repair experience.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007