Why does my Samsung Galaxy S5 constantly restart and drop the wifi connection?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy S5 constant restart and drop wifi connection.

So I have an Samsung Galaxy S5 with AT&T that I have had for about 8 months with no issues. Last week it started constantly connecting and disconnecting to my home wifi then a few days ago it started restarting on its own out of nowhere and goes into a reboot loop where it never goes to the home screen. The only way I can stop it from rebooting is to plug it into the charger, but that seems to only be a temporary fix.

Please Help! I dont know the inner workings of cell phones and the detailed terminology that I have seen on alot of posts, but I am pretty tech savvy and hope with some simple instruction I can fix this on my own. I would like to fix this without having to do a factory reboot if possilbe as well.

Thanks in advance!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 constant restart and drop wifi connection.

So I have an Samsung Galaxy S5 with AT&T that I have had for about 8 months with no issues. Last week it started constantly connecting and disconnecting to my home wifi then a few days ago it started restarting on its own out of nowhere and goes into a reboot loop where it never goes to the home screen. The only way I can stop it from rebooting is to plug it into the charger, but that seems to only be a temporary fix.

Please Help! I dont know the inner workings of cell phones and the detailed terminology that I have seen on alot of posts, but I am pretty tech savvy and hope with some simple instruction I can fix this on my own. I would like to fix this without having to do a factory reboot if possilbe as well.

Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately I think a factory reset will be required. I'd suggest backing up your data and syncing all accounts. Perform the factory reset from system settings > security > factory reset. Once it's booted see if that helps.

If it doesn't, then you might need to replace the battery. Final attempts to fix the issue if it continues unresolved is to send it back to Samsung or the retailer for a replacement or fix. Let us know if you have any questions.

Ameuse

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I got the same thing at the same time. Some kind of update breaking it maybe? I figured I would need to go down the reset route since I uninstalled pretty much every app but the standard fare (facebook, linkedin, etc)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy