Hi All,
    A friend had given me their VS980 that had a broken digitizer glass, the top area to be specific.

After replacing the LCD assembly, everything worked great, except for one thing: it does not stay powered on in low light conditions.
    I'll explain:
    If I press the power button on the back or double tap the screen, in normal room lighting or daylight, it's fine. (the display stays on and works as expected)
    If I turn off the lights and its dark in the room, the LCD is powers on for maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of a second and then turns off. This behavior is very consistent.

Likewise, when I turn the room lights back on and place my finger over the ambient light sensor, the LCD does not stay on when I press the power button or use KnockOn.

I disassembled the phone again in search of anything abnormal but nothing stuck out at me. I checked the flex cables and all of them are seated properly. no flex cables are pinched, and saw no signs of a short circuit anywhere.
    I am unsure if this was a pre-existing problem when the phone was given to me or if there is another problem, perhaps caused by me.
    Hindsight is 20/20, next time I have to check all functionality before I dig into it.

NOTE: After I successfully replaced LCD/Digitizer assembly, I did a factory reset. Also the indicators show no signs of water damage.

I'm wondering if I should replace the ambient sensor, or is it possible it could be a problem with the upper main board or even a software issue?
    Thoughts?

Thanks in advance
    -mike
    02-16-2015 01:33 PM