My Nexus 7 can get to bootloader screen but that's it, how can I get past this?

A

AC Question

nexus 7 can get to bootloader screen but that's it

I have a Nexus 7 2012. I recently put lollipop on it. It took an insane amount of time to figure out how and to get all of the drivers working and trouble shoot which usb hub to plug into and wonder why it would disconnect so many times. eventually I got it on. Now I want it off because it is so slow and buggy there was never any advantage for me.

In my attempts to get it off I am amazed that the USB drivers used to recognize the device BEFORE the upgrade no longer seem to work. So I updated with three different drivers and eventually found one that would recognize the device as a nexus 7 and allow adb devices to turn out the wonderful and pleasing eye candy, "device."

However, upon starting bootloader, the device became disconnected, and after uninstalling and reinstalling the driver many times, I still couldn't figure it out, so I tried to execute the remainder of the commands (the package I was using called for "flash-all") then restart the device. SUCCESS! Until the device decided to disconnect again. Then after many minutes, the bootloader displayed the words "boot failed" and anything I try ends up with the same error message.

Now, the nexus 7 tablet still causes my pc to boop when plugged in, and "Android Bootloader" appears in the devices menu, however, ADB will not recognize it, so I can't do anything else. If I try to restart it says "boot failed." If I power and unplug the battery, and wait, and plug it back in, and start it back up, I still get the bootloader screen but no options work. The device is unlocked, the usb debugging is enabled, but I cannot get adb to acknowledge it and I don't know if windows should recognize "Android bootloader device" instead of "nexus 7"

I have few friends who actually know how to use SDK or any sort of programming, and I am wondering if I need to order a new tablet or not. Please let me know if there is a secret driver or option to uninstall the "android bootloader" driver and just leave the nexus 7 driver as the one to actually activate. Thank you for your time.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: nexus 7 can get to bootloader screen but that's it

You can try an app called WugsTool Kit which will be placed on your computer. It can help in numerous ways like rooting, installation of drivers, unlocking/locking the device and flashing or restoring to stock. I'm not a huge fan of tool kits or one clicks but sometimes they do shine in situations like this where your having difficulty.

Nexus Root Toolkit v2.0.4 | WugFresh

Andrew Zelasko

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site

This worked wonderfully. It even contains detailed instructions for what to do if it doesn't work. Thank you very much for this help. I feel like everyone else wants me to download SDK and pretend I know what I'm doing.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

This worked wonderfully. It even contains detailed instructions for what to do if it doesn't work. Thank you very much for this help. I feel like everyone else wants me to download SDK and pretend I know what I'm doing.
Glad it worked out for you. Nothing wrong with tool kits & one clicks, they have a purpose and help folks out. Learning to do it all manually using Android SDK, ADB & Fastboot is great but its not everyone's cup of tea which is okay :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463